NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hi people, Nilay's unfortunate news has caused me to take a mental break. I absolutely feel for him and I just need a little time away from PC to process and completely be back at it.

@Na Maloom Afraad - I am sorry but can you manage USA temporarily or anyone wants to manage I am fine.

Be back soon everyone, stay safe! Love always!

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi people, Nilay's unfortunate news has caused me to take a mental break. I absolutely feel for him and I just need a little time away from PC to process and completely be back at it.

@Na Maloom Afraad - I am sorry but can you manage USA temporarily or anyone wants to manage I am fine.

Completely understandable. Hope you take all the time you need and always know that you can drop a message directly if you feel you need to, the line’s always open. :)

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England

You want to try being a new person on a sports forum, treated like pure scum by people who don't have a life outside of their basement, if this same treatment was replicated in real life the matter would be treated and dealt with very differently but no discussion and not apology just immature ignorance. Is this the way we are going as a society? I'm just creating a juxtaposition with your post as we should be showing respect and kindness, as I have shown nothing but and hoped the same was reciprocated. But you make an interesting point about health and awareness but when do we (and why) feel an online persona creates anxiety and such pressure we feel the need to take a break when the off button is a click away? I make this point because the online life seems (in general) to be as important as the outside (can I say 'real' world?). For those whose veins are popping out in anger, this is a discussion point and generalises the way new people on a sports forum are treated so no personal attack on an individual and certainly no negative posturing, I agree with free speech but also implement this must be communicated in a mature and adult fashion.

Bevab

Staff Member
You want to try being a new person on a sports forum, treated like pure scum by people who don't have a life outside of their basement, if this same treatment was replicated in real life the matter would be treated and dealt with very differently but no discussion and not apology just immature ignorance. Is this the way we are going as a society? I'm just creating a juxtaposition with your post as we should be showing respect and kindness, as I have shown nothing but and hoped the same was reciprocated. But you make an interesting point about health and awareness but when do we (and why) feel an online persona creates anxiety and such pressure we feel the need to take a break when the off button is a click away? I make this point because the online life seems (in general) to be as important as the outside (can I say 'real' world?). For those whose veins are popping out in anger, this is a discussion point and generalises the way new people on a sports forum are treated so no personal attack on an individual and certainly no negative posturing, I agree with free speech but also implement this must be communicated in a mature and adult fashion.

I have read this thrice and I still can’t understand what the point of this is.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
According to chatgpt here is what they said

"This statement discusses the negative behavior of people on sports forums towards new members, who are often treated poorly and without respect. The author questions whether this behavior reflects the direction society is heading, and highlights the importance of showing kindness and respect towards others. The author also notes that the anonymity of online personas can create pressure and anxiety, which can lead people to feel the need to take a break from online interactions. The author emphasizes the need for free speech to be communicated in a mature and adult manner."

I still don't get it

Bevab

Staff Member

"This statement discusses the negative behavior of people on sports forums towards new members, who are often treated poorly and without respect. The author questions whether this behavior reflects the direction society is heading, and highlights the importance of showing kindness and respect towards others. The author also notes that the anonymity of online personas can create pressure and anxiety, which can lead people to feel the need to take a break from online interactions. The author emphasizes the need for free speech to be communicated in a mature and adult manner."

I still don't get it

It’s a stream of consciousness making a bunch of not particularly related points. Very weird post indeed.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England

I still don't get it
The quoted post relates to mental health and the user having to take time away from a medium which did not exist a number of years ago and has subsequently grown under it's own self importance. You have realistically made my point but, never mind you wont understand (but yet you seem to understand it in your text and then proceed to make the 'overall point' I am trying to make by being coy and ignorant, creating the internet persona which is creating the negative side of the internet (you could have just asked for me to explain but that would be too much for you). The ease of ignorance and the much easier ability to become offended at anything or anyone is the online persona of many. The general fact, if we are nice to each other and explain ourselves in a mature and ethical manner then this process would be made more acceptable to many than the few. I have neither been offensive or derogatory towards anyone but if people don't understand then common curtesy would be asking for an explanation than pointing fun at a statement which is broader in it's reach than aiming to be derogatory or personal.
Post automatically merged:

Nope.

It’s a stream of consciousness making a bunch of not particularly related points. Very weird post indeed.
make an attempt to read it and then the posts above.

May help if you read it once!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
The quoted post relates to mental health and the user having to take time away from a medium which did not exist a number of years ago and has subsequently grown under it's own self importance. You have realistically made my point but, never mind you wont understand (but yet you seem to understand it in your text and then proceed to make the 'overall point' I am trying to make by being coy and ignorant, creating the internet persona which is creating the negative side of the internet (you could have just asked for me to explain but that would be too much for you). The ease of ignorance and the much easier ability to become offended at anything or anyone is the online persona of many. The general fact, if we are nice to each other and explain ourselves in a mature and ethical manner then this process would be made more acceptable to many than the few. I have neither been offensive or derogatory towards anyone but if people don't understand then common curtesy would be asking for an explanation than pointing fun at a statement which is broader in it's reach than aiming to be derogatory or personal.

Nope.

make an attempt to read it and then the posts above.

May help if you read it once!
You've compared your experience as a new person on a forum to that of someone wanting to take a break because another member of the forum has died.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
You've compared your experience as a new person on a forum to that of someone wanting to take a break because another member of the forum has died.
A generalisation but not me per say, I would have no idea if a person has died or not as it is not immediately apparent sad to say anybody who has passed is a tragic event. We should be more welcoming and accepting of others and wary of people with need and in need. If this is an 'open public forum' then it stands to reason and we should embrace and welcome than bully and intimidate because our own ignorance comes out more than any trait to explore and engage?

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
This guy should be banned from writing sentences of more than ten words. Completely unreadable.

Users who are viewing this thread