I am sorry as a potential buyer of DBC 17 , I am confused.

Hi Guys ,

I have been a long time lurker on this forum , reading most of the threads in here

but i am now really confused , should i buy a dbc 17 currently or wait for more patches to come out to fix all the glitches which are currently there .

I do have DBC 14 and love it to the core.

I dont want to buy a game and start hating on it , if you understand what i mean .

considering in india it is 3999rs , with current demonetization situation that sounds steep.

People think that the developer is going to come through and fix this dropped meat pie. But if no one is buying it, then with what money? Submitting huge patches continually costs big bucks. When the likes of IGN and metacritic pick up on this disaster and review it then things could slide further.

Except for the CEO getting his knickers in a knot and throwing out amateur, abusive and often personal swipes at those daring to criticize the game, they've all gone dead quiet about giving us an indication on whether or not they will fix it. They've well and truly hookwinked their customers who have shelled out their hard earned for this broken product. $100 in India can put dinner on the table for a year. Its not pocket change...

Kinda funny - when the likes of AFL 2 and other games were released, Ross was leading the charge abusing other developers efforts at every opportunity, yet he cant take the heat himself.

People think that the developer is going to come through and fix this dropped meat pie. But if no one is buying it, then with what money? Submitting huge patches continually costs big bucks. When the likes of IGN and metacritic pick up on this disaster and review it then things could slide further.

Except for the CEO getting his knickers in a knot and throwing out amateur, abusive and often personal swipes at those daring to criticize the game, they've all gone dead quiet about giving us an indication on whether or not they will fix it. They've well and truly hookwinked their customers who have shelled out their hard earned for this broken product. $100 in India can put dinner on the table for a year. Its not pocket change...

Kinda funny - when the likes of AFL 2 and other games were released, Ross was leading the charge abusing other developers efforts at every opportunity, yet he cant take the heat himself.

It's funny, I'm really torn between thinking this comment is not helpful but then at the same time it portrays my frustration perfectly. My game has completely ceased to work. Outside of career which I have to reset every 3 years, the rest of the modes don't work without crashing the game to dashboard. So right now I'm reading all these people writing about how we shouldn't demand too much and have patience and I'm thinking to myself "Do they realise the experience some people are having??!!" I have never owned a game that did not work at all, let alone not as advertised. I'm happy to wait for a patch or whatever but how do I know that the patch will even fix my game enough for it to work. Or will this patch just fix a few issues that don't really help me. A cover drive and uncensored names are great fixes, but they don't help me if I can't even get the game to not crash.

Honestly when a game launches broken or not as good as it should be it serves people right for pre-ordering and buying on day one. Consumers should be starter than that. I tried to tell people that but I got hounded about it.

Not that I know if this is the case with DBC 17 as its not released on PC but in general it's the case not to buy immediately.

Honestly when a game launches broken or not as good as it should be it serves people right for pre-ordering and buying on day one. Consumers should be starter than that. I tried to tell people that but I got hounded about it.

Not that I know if this is the case with DBC 17 as its not released on PC but in general it's the case not to buy immediately.

Maybe , but when a game releases just in time to be bought as a christmas present it makes sense for people to buy it for that reason. On top of that I rarely purchase games early let alone at all but I made an exception for an Aussie developer who I have liked in the past. At the end of the day, this idea of bad releases with patches needed day one is something that should stop. It wouldn't fly in many other industries and people accepting that as being par for the course aren't helping. The last game I bought day one was GTA V and I was super impressed with that. I bought that for less than I paid for DBC17 as well given it came out around the time of sales at all major retailers.

Did you buy GTA V on the very very initial release date for the PS3 and 360? Because I did and the online multiplayer wasn't available for about a month. You could say that only 50% of the game has been released and when the online finally did arrive hardly anybody could get it working. I always found it funny that people used GTA 5 for the example of games that deserved a pre-order or day one purchase without hesitation as if the game wasn't without huge drama on launch.

Did you buy GTA V on the very very initial release date for the PS3 and 360? Because I did and the online multiplayer wasn't available for about a month. You could say that only 50% of the game has been released and when the online finally did arrive hardly anybody could get it working. I always found it funny that people used GTA 5 for the example of games that deserved a pre-order or day one purchase without hesitation as if the game wasn't without huge drama on launch.

GTA Online is and always was billed as a separate game released at a separate time - that was even mentioned in the initial trailer. GTA solo came out mid September with no issues (as far as I recall) whilst GTA online came out 2 weeks later with day one issues. DO I think GTA was a perfect release, no. I'm sure, though my memory fails me, that it had a Day 1 patch as well. But that type of thing is a relatively new thing. A lot more games are coming out these days with the bare minimum so they can capitalise on timing (such as BA capitalising on Big Bash and Christmas) and then they will fix it and get it working later. I really don't think that is the way the gaming industry should go. Because there will come a time when this doesn't fly. Maybe that is happening now with Big Ant, maybe not. But it's a good way to undo the good will people have of your company in my opinion.

Which era are you talking about? You mean to say a family/person can survive the whole year on Rs. 6500-7000?

It's funny, I'm really torn between thinking this comment is not helpful but then at the same time it portrays my frustration perfectly. My game has completely ceased to work. Outside of career which I have to reset every 3 years, the rest of the modes don't work without crashing the game to dashboard. So right now I'm reading all these people writing about how we shouldn't demand too much and have patience and I'm thinking to myself "Do they realise the experience some people are having??!!" I have never owned a game that did not work at all, let alone not as advertised. I'm happy to wait for a patch or whatever but how do I know that the patch will even fix my game enough for it to work. Or will this patch just fix a few issues that don't really help me. A cover drive and uncensored names are great fixes, but they don't help me if I can't even get the game to not crash.

That's strange. I've been playing on PS4 for the last 4 days now and I haven't had any stability related issues other than the framerate issues, which by the way is a killer when it happens. I only play the Casual matches and not Custom tourneys/matches or Career mode. Try playing only Casual matches and see whether it makes a difference. It has for me.

That's strange. I've been playing on PS4 for the last 4 days now and I haven't had any stability related issues other than the framerate issues, which by the way is a killer when it happens. I only play the Casual matches and not Custom tourneys/matches or Career mode. Try playing only Casual matches and see whether it makes a difference. It has for me.

Casual matches have two distinct issues for me. Either they are custom games and they crash at the lineup screen, or they are not custom and they crash during the 5th over onward. Sometimes the game will just freeze during the introduction when the batters walk out to play. It's possible I could play around to work out a fix (such as using specific teams or specific casual matches) but I'm honestly not interested in trying 15 minutes of setup for a 30 second game before it crashes.

Before i buy the game is there a co op game mode and can you vs your friends on it?
Also what other good game modes are there?
Thanks

Yes it does have it but I believe the previous instalment got better after the patches. Also there's no marker to know who's batting if you're playing co-op, the running is not controlled by each player as oppose to previous version and the shots placement isn't in the 360.

The graphics are better for sure and overall the game looks less dull. But then again, there are a lot of things that can make the game better. Hopefully we'll wait for patches.

Honestly if you have games with Day1 patch(es) then it probably meant they released it with known issues to meet the time lines.

If you go back to the out of box experience - delete ALL save data - then the crashes will be gone.

I do understand the frustration people are having, we are doing our best to rectify things as fast as possible, including rushing a patch through already.

The game works out of the box and it was not possible to test the teams on the Academy as they did not exist in November when the game was submitted.

If you go back to the out of box experience - delete ALL save data - then the crashes will be gone.

I do understand the frustration people are having, we are doing our best to rectify things as fast as possible, including rushing a patch through already.

The game works out of the box and it was not possible to test the teams on the Academy as they did not exist in November when the game was submitted.
It works out of the box but nobody planned to use it exactly how it was out of the box so why was this not thought of. Just like in dbc 14 a broken game was released and eventually fixed(Although dbc 17 is very far from being fixed). Majority of the new features that made this game different from dbc 14 was gameplay (Can't play a cover drive), New creation abilities (Cause the game to crash very frequently), the most important part of the game - A more in depth career mode with the ability to change things in it after starting (So far nothing at all can be changed in career so this is a lie, and in terms of in depth, we have lost nearly all of a competitions available stats and completely lost the ability to track your own players stats throughout his/her career.) One other thing is that career, which as I already mentioned is the main selling point of the game, can barely be used as half the downloaded teams that get used in the career don't have many things that they are meant to such as the logos attached to them. The other problem in career apart from the constant crashes is that the new "dynamic lineups" just select the highest rated players available and majority of the time select the same player up to 4 times. (This is an actual game problem, not a problem that is caused by having duplicates and unlinked players in the academy because my academy has everyone linked with no duplicates and I still get the issue, even after restarting a career after patch 2 which wasn't designed to fix this problem but it was released to solve crashes which it certainly did not do.)

If you still have not bought this game, don't buy it. DBC 14 is much better as of right now and that is what I will be playing until this broken game is fixed or I can get a refund

Users who are viewing this thread