I don't care a DAMNN ! Is it ??????

Which Sub Continent country do you think is advancing faster and think would become an advanced coun

• Total voters
P

pal

i don't know about new delhi, but i remember my father saying that the number of students who joined IT this year has dropped a lot from last year in Tamil Nadu, maybe bharat knows something about this, cause he is from TN also..... other sectors are growing too.. India may develop slowly, but altleast our nation wasn't built using natives and slaves like the US.....

D

Dhawal_Verma

Originally posted by pal@Sep 18 2004, 08:43 PM
but altleast our nation wasn't built using natives and slaves like the US.....
That's a damnn good fact posted ! :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

P

pal

ok, where do you come up with this sort of crap? first of all i was expecting you to have a good link to support your side of the argument... How can you say that fashion and the beauty contests have been part of Indian culture.. Oh wait a minute, i can picture this, Gandhi in the make up room using a brush to give his cheeks a blush... :lol: and at his side mother teresa blushing her cheeks..

again i will repeat my point, we have been brainwashed by the west, I mean i am sure that our freedom fighters were not thinking about make up when they were giving up our lives.. It has just been in recent years, that India have started following the west into this cosmetics business...

how Indian culture has long carried within itself the ugly capacities for objectification and devastating color-consciousness

and you unknowingly, I have to assume, unless you have the brain capacity of an amoeba, that this is our culture..

besides, what do you think is happening in the world, bro? where have you been? In America, England, are you saying that those countries are not conciousness about their appearance.. omfg..

http://www.mediafamily.org/facts/facts_med...diaeffect.shtml

-

P

pal

Media's Effect on Body Image

The popular media (television, movies, magazines, etc.) have, since World War II, increasingly held up a thinner and thinner body (and now ever more physically fit) image as the ideal for women. The ideal man is also presented as trim, but muscular.

* In a survey of girls 9 and 10 years old, 40% have tried to lose weight, according to an ongoing study funded by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (USA Today, 1996).
* A 1996 study found that the amount of time an adolescent watches soaps, movies and music videos is associated with their degree of body dissatisfaction and desire to be thin (Tiggemann & Pickering, 1996).
* One author reports that at age thirteen, 53% of American girls are "unhappy with their bodies." This grows to 78% by the time girls reach seventeen (Brumberg, 1997).
* In a study among undergraduates media consumption was positively associated with a strive for thinness among men and body dissatisfaction among women (Harrison & Cantor, 1997).
* Teen-age girls who viewed commercials depicting women who modeled the unrealistically thin-ideal type of beauty caused adolescent girls to feel less confident, more angry and more dissatisfied with their weight and appearance (Hargreaves, 2002).
* In a study on fifth graders, 10 year old girls and boys told researchers they were dissatisfied with their own bodies after watching a music video by Britney Spears or a clip from the TV show "Friends" (Mundell, 2002).
* In another recent study on media's impact on adolescent body dissatisfaction, two researchers found that:
1. Teens who watched soaps and TV shows that emphasized the ideal body typed reported higher sense of body dissatisfaction. This was also true for girls who watched music videos.
2. Reading magazines for teen girls or women also correlated with body dissatisfaction for girls.
3. Identification with television stars (for girls and boys), and models (girls) or athletes (boys), positively correlated with body dissatisfaction (Hofschire & Greenberg, 2002).

P

pal

Atleast we don't kill ourselves trying to look like celebrities... B)

R

ricky123

B) overall india and china are a big threat to the world :lol:
in the next 50 years , 6 out of 10 men will be indian or chinese :thumbs:

but i trust me i would hate to see that :angry:

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Originally posted by Pat@Sep 18 2004, 04:41 PM

Muslims in India say that family planing is un-islamic. :angry:
First of all,we should not talk as hindus or muslims.in any case,it is not right to blame muslims for this population-explosion!!u might not have meant it,but ur words reflect it!!
I'm not saying this.It's the media.
Saw news last weak?They were telling only about this.BJP made an issue that population of Muslims was growing faster than Hindus. :(

i don't know what made bharat say that, but it is just the same everywhere : blame the minority for the problems.....
I'm not against minorities.But I'm against reservation.
For example:To get into Anna University FC must score 98%
SC/ST must score only about 70%
Note:Figures are not accurate,just for example.
So you see who is more efficient.
Many FCs miss Anna Universitiy by scoring 95%,but an ST gets in by scoring 70%.
You can't blame the past for this.
It is foolish. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread