i have a error

I also get the same error while running the demo of blic. The errorr says that an error has occured and the program needs to cleose and sorry for inconenience. I changed the compatibliity but it didnt work. The demo expander works but its no use as the game crahses after one ball. My configurations are:
P4 1.8GhZ
256 MB Ram
60 Gb Hard Disk
Geforce 4 MX 4000(128 MB 64 bit)
Please try to help me!

You guys defnitely need new graphics cards, if you budget is tight go for a nVidia GeForce 5700LE, if you've got the cash go foe the 6600GT.

Before you go and blow a load on new graphics cards, you may as well spend a bit of time trying to get everything to work using new drivers/software tweaks etc.
If the latest nVidia drivers don't work, try the drivers here: http://www.omegadrivers.net/
They've been tweaked for gameplay.
Just use the menu at the top to choose 'nVidia', then 'Win XP/2k' and then download from one of the sites in the menu.
If you only intend to play Brian Lara Cricket and other similar games, save your money instead of buying a decent GFX card.
If however you like 1st person shooters too, it's time for at least a Radeon 9800Pro/XT. nVidia sucks!

Dont you guys scare me, i too have a GeForce 4 MX 400 64 MB, i doubt whether it will work on mine.

cam said:
downloaded the one driver but how do you get it to work
What sort of file is it? (the bit at the end, for example .exe or .rar or .zip)
If it has .exe at the end, you just run that program, and it should start to update for you.
If it is a .rar or .zip, you need a program called WinRAR to "unzip" it.
You can get that free here:- http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
You'd want the top one. Use this program on the file to open it up.
When that's done, you can run the driver update program.
Hope that works.

no worries i downloaded the driver and the game works so thanks to everyone who helped me on this i apprieciate your time spent writing in to give me advise.and maybe you should make this a sticky that whenever this error occurs you need to update the drivers or get a new graphics card. :cheers :cheers :clap :cool: :onpc

no sorry, how do i know what kiond of graphics card i (in my computer) have ???
I play NFS underground 2 and Cricket 2005 and Max Payne 2 and they work fine ?

maybe try taking out the graphics card and seeing if it has a name on.
or you could look it up on your computer?

Its on your computer if you right click in my computer... then go to hardware, device manager, and graphics adapter. It will tell you there, although if you can play Cricket 2005 and the other two, BLIC will/should work fine.

Chip type is SiS 661FX Rev 32 MB? i doubt whether that is good so how do i update it like cam did ???

plz help !!!!

i have Windows XP
512MB
P4 2.8 GhZ
80 GB Hard Drive

i think you will need different drivers for that card but dont give up someone will be able to find them.

Users who are viewing this thread