I read the manual

zerobound

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought I'd have a read of the manual and saw this..

To successfully execute a stroke, press the shot selection key at the same time as the arrow keys.

I have always played cricket games by angling my shot then pressing the shot button and have been doing this so far in '05 until I read this and tried pressing at the same time. I don't know maybe others do this but I thought I'd point it out for those that don't. What a difference it has made, instead of shots rolling along the ground more often, it rockets along more often and gets the confidence up quicker. It has helped hitting the ball through the fielders and I have been up able to push for singles all over the field and hit some nice boundries also if using six hit do the same. It takes a bit of practise to get right but it is worth it.

Thanx mate...i was totally bowld over by that discovery...i mean kudos to u ..for bringing that into my notice...ought to try it out now,...

Have just tried this. The problem I find is that more often than not the computer thinks I am playing a different shot. e.g. if I want to play a front foot on-drive, ('s', 'right arrow', 'down arrow'), I end up playing either a straight drive, or more regularly, a forward defensive. It seems that the 's' is detected and acted upon before the arrow keys are picked up.

Its probably me, or my keyboard that's at fault, as you seem to be finding it works for you.

True, I actually use a gamepad but I do get that every now and then it does suck, I sort of worked out it's when I push the shot button before I play the direction so I try to push in the direction just before the shot button it does take a bit of getting used too

zerobound said:
To successfully execute a stroke, press the shot selection key at the same time as the arrow keys.

Not sure it means it the way you're interpreting it. I simply take that to mean that make sure both buttons are pressed at the time you want to execute the shot, and not press direction, let go of direction, then press shot.

So pressing direction first and holding it whilst then pressing direction is just as effective as trying to simultaneously press both in an instant.

I suspect that if percieve that you are getting better power to your shots now, it's possibly because you're timing has inadvertently changed a little for the better as you strive for simultaneous pressing.

Of course, I could be wrong.

i usually hold down the direction as he lets go of the ball, then press a shot button when i belive the time is rite! it doesn't meen press them both exact same time btw!! it jus meens dont press the direction let go and press the shot button!! k?

sam p I think you'tr right. Its just a case of holding down the desired directional buttons, then hitting the desired shot button, at the correct time. :)

you could be right about my timing just getting better it does have 'at the same time' printed in bold in the manual so thats how I interpreted it that way, maybe some get confused and press the keys/button one at a time and they thought to emphasize it. I did experiment at first though and did find it produced more power in the shots but as you said it could be just me I suppose it's what ever works for you.

it says at the same time, doesn't matter if you hold direction before pressing a shot button,,, as long as when the shot button is pressed , direction is pressed at the same time!

foggy123 said:
i usually hold down the direction as he lets go of the ball, then press a shot button when i belive the time is rite! it doesn't meen press them both exact same time btw!! it jus meens dont press the direction let go and press the shot button!! k?

i do the same

Users who are viewing this thread