I REALLY need ur help before i buy a NEW 3D Card....

ok tutsi i live in delhi and you've been misinformed about the FX 5200... It retails for around 2100 ;)

In your budget you best go for the Palit's X1600pro, which retails for 4000.

If it is not available then go for A 7300GT card, which should fit around your budget. the 6600Gt is only marginally better then the 7300GT , and both support Shader model 3 . However, you will have to shell out extra for the 6600GT, which should come around 6000

Hmm, since this thread is back again, i would like to ask more things too.

My current specs are:

Windows Xp Pro 1.7Ghz(Intel Motherboard)
386MB SDRAM
Geforece4 440MX 64MB

Now since SDRAMs are out and DDR-RAMs are in, now i dont think(know) my current motherboard will support DDR-RAMs. So i will need to change my motherboard and install a minimum of 256MB DDR-RAM(can also go for 1GB if i can afford). Also, i need to upgrage from 1.7Ghz to somewhere around 2.8Ghz. And ofcourse a new GFX card with 128MB(atleast).

I dont know my budget right now but i need info. on how to go about what i said above.

tutsipoppy2 said:
Hmm, since this thread is back again, i would like to ask more things too.

My current specs are:

Windows Xp Pro 1.7Ghz(Intel Motherboard)
386MB SDRAM
Geforece4 440MX 64MB

Now since SDRAMs are out and DDR-RAMs are in, now i dont think(know) my current motherboard will support DDR-RAMs. So i will need to change my motherboard and install a minimum of 256MB DDR-RAM(can also go for 1GB if i can afford). Also, i need to upgrage from 1.7Ghz to somewhere around 2.8Ghz. And ofcourse a new GFX card with 128MB(atleast).

I dont know my budget right now but i need info. on how to go about what i said above.

Go to start -> Run -> type in 'dxdiag' (without the quotes). That'll tell you your motherboard model.

IMO it's not worth it to upgrade to 2.8 ghz, atm Intel Dual Core is dominating the market, if you've got the money you should seriously go for one of those. An E4300 costs around $120, which is around Rs6000?

The 6600GT is now really cheap (2 years later ;) ) , somewhere around $50-100 now I think.

Ofcourse, all this depends on your motherboard. Find out the model and post it here.

Good lord if you get a core2duo dont waste your money on a low end card like 6600gt.

Good lord if you get a core2duo dont waste your money on a low end card like 6600gt.

Well that's the cheapest decent performance card I could think off...
Its still a good budget card, can play games like CnC3 and CoH at pretty high settings.

Tbh, its well worth splashing out more money for a c2d than continuing with the Pentium series, the performance difference is that great.

Last edited:
Here the screenshot of my system specs.

I dont have loads of money and thats why i wanna upgrade to sumthing(Motherboard + GFX card + DDR-Ram) which can provide good performance for now and can support better GFX cards which i may go for in future.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread