• ICC 2006

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Im a sell out and cant decide

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
ok this thread is for people who have played both versions quite a lot, say which you prefer and why.

i really like ICC 3 but feel, like some other people, that the game has gone quite batting biased and isnt as realistic as 2006, however, i really really like the hawkeye feature, especially when playing regen bowlers, i can see how often there hitting a good line and length, love it.

Last edited:
the only feature of IIC3 i like is the graphics but with all the glitches it isn't worth buying just 4 graphics

Yeah true, but that hasn't stopped us all getting this game.

Hello I would like to extend this poll a little further......

ICC05 vs ICC06 vs ICC III

I would say the best was ICC05 !

I was expecting great changes in ICC06 from ICC05 when it was released but it was a mere database update.So I was disappointed.

I was again expecting great in ICC III from ICC06 but again I am disappointed since it is just the graphics which is different and that too it should not be a priority for a new version if you consider its a simulation game.

So ICC05 was the best !

Nonetheless all versions arBetter than other similar games which are available.

never watched highlights since ive been playing, so with minimal database updates, i rate icc3 as a disappointment.

Well it's certainly a database upgrade if nothing else. The 3d graphics are a nice touch but appear rushed and they have seemingly placed the emphasis on batsman rather than bowlers as has been the case in previous versions.

Should you buy this if you have ICC 05 - I'd say yes unless you can find a cheap version of ICC 06 Ashes Edition (I picked mine up for about £5).

ok, thanx Tom, I'll try and find a cheap version in a cupla months once the price has gone down I think.

ICC2006 by a country mile. The games in ICC3 are just to slow and it's nowhere near as addictive as it's predecessors.

Would you guys say that it was worth getting if you only have ICC 05???

Or would you say it is worth getting if you don't have any ICC's. Many people say that you might as well get the latest but I am not quite sure.

If you have ICC06 then there is no reason to buy ICC03 for other than the graphics and updated rosters.

Personally, ICC06 is better because as Matt said, it is faster to play matches and they have the right click so you can flow through menus easier.

But the main reason I like ICC06 is the fact you can have customized skins, is easier on your PC and the fact that you can edit the commentary files!

ICC III has been a bit disappointing. The bowlers have little effect against opposition, no matter how good or bad. Batsmen rule in every test series, World cup and Twenty20 match. Bowlers are pitiful and I am contemplating buying ICC 06 since I only have 2002 and 2005 (plus this latest offering).

Some much more should have been done to this series. Fifa on PS2 has had more advancements in a similar time period. I know football is more a world sport than cricket but there is a fan base WANTING new things. updates are fine for a while but we need (for example) an editor, more domestic teams, for international sides more than 8 training sessions, better yet, fielding sessions would be nice. I would like to see variables like career-ending injuries, walk-outs, sponsorships etc. Some domestic teams have little money compared to others. Fair enough to make it realistic, but then there should be an ability to build a side up from scratch.

I know cricket coach has some of the elements I have talked about but I have always been a ICC fan and can't get used to Cricket Coach. ICC developers, please improve the game not update.

ICC III has been a bit disappointing. The bowlers have little effect against opposition, no matter how good or bad. Batsmen rule in every test series, World cup and Twenty20 match. Bowlers are pitiful and I am contemplating buying ICC 06 since I only have 2002 and 2005 (plus this latest offering).

Some much more should have been done to this series. Fifa on PS2 has had more advancements in a similar time period. I know football is more a world sport than cricket but there is a fan base WANTING new things. updates are fine for a while but we need (for example) an editor, more domestic teams, for international sides more than 8 training sessions, better yet, fielding sessions would be nice. I would like to see variables like career-ending injuries, walk-outs, sponsorships etc. Some domestic teams have little money compared to others. Fair enough to make it realistic, but then there should be an ability to build a side up from scratch.

I know cricket coach has some of the elements I have talked about but I have always been a ICC fan and can't get used to Cricket Coach. ICC developers, please improve the game not update.

Some domestic teams do have little money compared to others. Have you seen ever seen the basic budget.

"Some domestic teams have little money compared to others. Fair enough to make it realistic, but then there should be an ability to build a side up from scratch."

he just said that iloveireland

"Some domestic teams have little money compared to others. Fair enough to make it realistic, but then there should be an ability to build a side up from scratch."

he just said that iloveireland

Yeah sorry I read it wrong. I thought he was saying I wish different teams get more money than others.

Users who are viewing this thread