PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
World Cup Points Table for the Matches completed so far

WC - Points Table.jpg

Leaderboard

WC - Statistics.jpg

Match between West Indies and Bangladesh is not included in the points table as I am not able to view the complete scorecard.

@subhasish mitra please upload the scorecard again.

Attachments

• World Cup Scorecard.xlsx
    298.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The Proteas faced of against Nepal :
IMG-20141010-WA0001.jpg
Proteas bowlers skittled the inexperienced Nepalese out for a sub par score :
IMG-20141010-WA0003.jpg

The Batsmen thought here comes an easy game and things got of to a rollicking start , but then suddenly the dreaded bugs strikes and all hell broke loose. In the end it was a heart pumping match , full of emotions and expletives , but luckily the Tailenders took the Proteas home with 1 wicket in hand. They will never underestimate the Nepalese again .......
IMG-20141010-WA0005.jpg
This week at practice the focus will be on running between the wickets....

Defeated Newzealand. NZ started very well but certain collapse and couple of Buggy run-outs makes it easy for WI.

summary
IMG_20141010_002436.jpg

2nd innings
IMG_20141010_002454.jpg

1st Innings

IMG_20141010_002519.jpg

Pakistan (@RIZZYX) vs India (@VinitPhilip) - Match report.

The much awaited clash between two of Cricket mad nations, who happen to be neighbours, yet bitter rivals took place last week. For some this was just another match, but for any Pakistani or Indian this was what it is all about. Pakistan won the toss and put in India to bat first and face the music. India crumbled under the pressure early on, losing 5 wickets with only 25 on the board. All was not lost for India though as bizarrely among the 5 wickets to fall were Zaheer Khan, Ashwin and Jadeja who all had been promoted up the order, a plan that failed to prove fruitful.

With 5 wickets down, In came India's best batsman Virat Kohli and with him the talented Gautam Ghambir. They put on a masterful partnership bringing India right back into the game. When Ghambir was finally dismissed, India had moved onto 140, giving Kohli and Ghambir a partnership of 115. In came Raina at number 7, but he faltered very early trying to loft his 3rd ball over the covers only to sky the ball to Nasir Jamshed at cover. With India at 140 for 7, Pakistan would have felt they had a great chance of keeping India to below 200, but Kohli had other ideas in mind, he took his batting to another level lofting a number of high and handsome sixes into the crowed. Yuvraj Singh batting at 10 and Shami at 11 also provided brisk cameos whilst Kohli raced to his century. India were finally bowled out for 241 in the 48th over, giving their bowlers a very challenging total to defend.

The Pakistan top order seemed to be playing a replay of India's top order, losing 4 quick wickets with only 24 on the board. This bough Pakistan's best batsman Younis Khan and the young Umar Amin together with Pakistan on the wheels and still requiring more than 200 runs with only 6 wickets in hand. The pair played some faultless cricket, going at 4 an over. India still felt like they were in it as the run rate was slowly creeping up to 6 an over and at one point even went over a run a ball. But the pair kept going not worrying about the required rate and both batsman reached half centuries, with Amin reaching his from a staggering 81 balls. Younis Khan finally fell trying to cut a straight ball to the vacant third man region, a rash shot, and one that was perhaps not needed with a run a ball required. By this time the partnership had reached 165 for the 5th wicket, surpassing the brilliant partnership of Kohli and Ghambir earlier in the day.

Despite partnership between Khan and Amin, Pakistan still had work to do, requiring 80 from 12 overs. Now Amin really came to the fore, cutting a few deliveries for 4 and lofting the ball over mid on. Amin went on to reach his maiden ODI century, and saw Pakistan home with almost 5 overs to spare with 3 wickets in hand. Amin ended with an unbeaten 113 from 124 balls, moving from 50 to 113 in only 42 balls.

In the end, it was another breath taking Pakistan vs India match, something these two sides often bring to their fans.

MOM: U Amin.
Scores: Ind: 241/10 Pak: 242/7
Result: Pak won by 3 wickets.

Match Summary:
IMAG0759.jpg

Last edited:
Amin seems to be in fine form.

18 vs Ned
38 vs Eng
113* vs Ind

and he currently has an unbeaten half century vs Afghanistan.

@rishabh96 When can my team get fielding stats mate, I don't know whether my roughly 50% of wickets coming from run outs is from my poor judgement or incredibly slow running making it harder to judge, I thought I'd improved hugely on it recently.

Can someone also helping me with picking a running camera, I can't see where the bloody ball has gone until it's reached a fielder in the outfield practically :D.

AUS vs NED game: AUS after facing humiliation from England started on a fresh note. Batting first, they posted a mammoth total of 401 runs. George Bailey remained unbeaten on 200 and guided the innings as he batted through 50 overs. NED started chasing quickly but lost wickets on regular intervals mainly run outs. NED were all out for 86 giving AUS a huge victory.
20141011_015950.jpg 20141011_020001.jpg 20141011_020010.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread