ICC News: Restructuring the ICC, BCCI Influence & more

^ If you hadn't posted that I would have been under the impression that was THE Ranatunga.

Ye my mistake..

----------

WICB revenue to get 100 per cent boost | The Trinidad Guardian Newspaper

The biggest revelation is that WICB President David Cameron's explanation as to how the WICB projected a 100% revenue increase, under the new FTP.

- He explained for that since the WICB only makes money from home series vs India or England, they will be at a loss for the end of their next financial cycle which is up on September 30, 2014.

- So for the new 2015-2023 ICC cycle under the revamped ICC, the WICB for the 1st time will be be able to make money when they go on tour. Of course depending on who they tour, the money they will make will vary.

- Also they will be able to tap into the new ICC "Test match fund", which will help to fund home tours against the other countries, which is usually unprofitable for them.

This technically makes sense - but my only concern is that not for only WICB, but other weak financial nations like NZ/SRI/PAK/BANG (SA to a lesser extent since they are the best team in the world) - are they 100% sure that the AUS/ENG/IND (especially the corrupt Indian's) can be trusted to play them?.

After all without the FTP, its up the AUS/ENG/IND discretion to play the other countries, under this weird dynamic that cricket will now cosigned to.

- He explained for that since the WICB only makes money from home series vs India or England, they will be at a loss for the end of their next financial cycle which is up on September 30, 2014.

- So for the new 2015-2023 ICC cycle under the revamped ICC, the WICB for the 1st time will be be able to make money when they go on tour. Of course depending on who they tour, the money they will make will vary.

- Also they will be able to tap into the new ICC "Test match fund", which will help to fund home tours against the other countries, which is usually unprofitable for them.

I think another thing he explained was that they would be able to play more cricket during the home section of their season. Remember, cricket is probably still the most popular sport in most of the Caribbean nations, so perhaps there is a market to be tapped there, by playing more cricket at the time of the year best suited for that.

War said:
This technically makes sense - but my only concern is that not for only WICB, but other weak financial nations like NZ/SRI/PAK/BANG (SA to a lesser extent since they are the best team in the world) - are they 100% sure that the AUS/ENG/IND (especially the corrupt Indian's) can be trusted to play them?.

Oh, of course, those horrible corrupt Indians, the only reasons for all the problems in world cricket! Those poor Aussies and Englishmen, total saints all, mislead by terrible Indian black magic! Oh, the atrocity! :rolleyes

Come on, man.

I think another thing he explained was that they would be able to play more cricket during the home section of their season. Remember, cricket is probably still the most popular sport in most of the Caribbean nations, so perhaps there is a market to be tapped there, by playing more cricket at the time of the year best suited for that.

Well the traditional prime months of the Windies international & domestic season has now being affected by the IPL, so that's a disgusting stumbling block they have to deal with forever now, even if they get the money to finally fund a long domestic season like AUS/ENG/SA has.

Oh, of course, those horrible corrupt Indians, the only reasons for all the problems in world cricket! Those poor Aussies and Englishmen, total saints all, mislead by terrible Indian black magic! Oh, the atrocity! :rolleyes

Come on, man.

Ha, all you touchy Indians on planetcricket. Did i say AUS & ENG are saints? No, so don't put words into my mouth.

Under the previous FTP, AUS & ENG never tried a stunts like the BCCI did to threaten to cancel/shorten a series due to having bad blood with an executive has they did recently with the CSA tour. They never manipulated other boards as they case is with never allowing Bangladesh to tour them - despite the BCCI never having their interests.

BANG have already toured AUS/ENG and AUS/ENG never has tried to use their financial might to throw their weight to anybody. While its clearly disappointing that ENG/AUS have not stood up to BCCI now - its not as if they have not tried.

Lets not forget recent history also & the only reason they joined up with the BCCI in this takeover, especially ENG have given up fighting the BCCI, because they have lost faith in the other nations standing with them. This was explained by ENG cricinfo man David Hoops within the last month - Giles Clarke on verge of diplomatic triumph | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Any good physiologist would tell you, behavior predicts behavior. Unless I see BCCI suddenly start acting differently, I see no reason to trust them. And all those nations who a predicting financial growth based on the hope of playing IND in the next cycle, shouldn't either.

Wow, your sarcasm detector is clearly malfunctioning. Maybe there's a sarcasm font?

:lol I wasn't being sarcastic or making an righteous outrage about anything. I simply listed well known facts of the what the BCCI has done in recent years as an administrative body & i could list more. Its entirely up to know if you wish continue the theme of the thread and respond specifically to events mentioned - or if you wish to venture of into some other tangent.

Cricket Australia chairman Wally Edwards on the ICC's future | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

"I think we've come to grips that [the ICC] is a members' organisation. It is a debate that's gone on for a couple of years and will still go on. It's not FIFA or the IOC. It doesn't make the rules. It doesn't do the FTP, never has and never will, in my view. It was set up to help organise international cricket on behalf of the members. Umpires, security, anti-corruption, those are its main roles, and being a forum for members to go and talk and decide things."

This comment from Edwards, which most people are aware of, is the essential problem with cricket.

The English FA is richest board in football, as shown by the premier league. But their money doesn't make them influence FIFA.

But in cricket, India money makes them influence everything the ICC does.

Its ridiculous in any sport for a member to have more power than its governing body. :facepalm

Last edited:
yes, the ICC is a members organisation; hence why all members have an equal say in its governan... oh wait.

Users who are viewing this thread