ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2024

I thought India did well Australia are a very strong side. Their number 8 has a test match 200, the number 9 has seven BBL 50s.

Losing to anyone but Australia was always the non-negotiable. It looks like the defeat to New Zealand will cost India unless Pakistan can do them favour.

imagine how many wickets Fatima would have if all her teammates could catch like her

Which is the 2nd best team in Women's T20? Indian media was gaga about the '2nd best team being knocked out'. I honestly feel we aren't even close to being the 4/5th best team in the World. After Australia, comes England followed by New Zealand for me. Just wanted to get views of the members here.

Which is the 2nd best team in Women's T20? Indian media was gaga about the '2nd best team being knocked out'. I honestly feel we aren't even close to being the 4/5th best team in the World. After Australia, comes England followed by New Zealand for me. Just wanted to get views of the members here.
New Zealand aren't even close. India and England would be pretty evenly matched imo, followed by South Africa.

Just out of curiosity, what metrics would you consider for a team to be rated among the best? The results obviously, but would we also look at the ability to perform under pressure, making World Cup KO, winning crunch situations/ matches?

New Zealand are probably 5th best. Recently they've lost at home to Pakistan, didn't win a game in England (lost 10 out of 11 in the last two years in T20s). They've not made semi finals since 2016. I think they've underperformed in recent years and have perhaps stepped up this time around.

England are closest to pushing Australia and in these conditions possibly have a better spin attack.

Realistically, India lost the toss in the match they couldn't really lose (v NZ). I think the match would've gone differently had India won the toss and batted first. They pushed Australia pretty close chasing. Looking at the results, there's only England who have managed a chase against an equally matched side (v South Africa). South Africa did chase quite comfortably against West Indies but they had elected to field first.

England out! F*ck yeah! Sad for Capsey though, no Oval Supremacy :(

Users who are viewing this thread