ICC World T20 2010 - West Indies

Which team could win the ICC World T20 2010 in West Indies?

• Pakistan

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • South Africa

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • West Indies

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • England

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • India

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Australia

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An Associate Nation

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doubt it. I've heard talk that he might "might" be back for Wellington at the end of the FC season but that was a good 3/4 weeks ago. He's pulled out of the entire IPL because he isn't going to be fit so I doubt he'll be ready to go by May.

Australia will be one of finalist. They have got Warner, Watson, and White. 3 Ws will be hard to stop and in Small calypso grounds, they will be a force to reckon with.

In T20's anyone can win it..think SL, IND, SA and AUS will make it to semis...

Hopefully we can get Lee back and we can go the 4 man pace attack. And hopefully our the plan of bowling line and length at the death is thrown out the window as I don't get why we kept doing that, both Harris and Tait can bowl yorkers but I don't think I saw one.

Obviously Bangla will win it...:spy oh and did I tell 20-20 is ████.

I will watch this tournament for sure. One thing is, its in the West Indies and the timings will be awesome for North American viewers.:banana2

Are all of them day games or will there by day/nighters too? If day/nighters are there, it will be fantastic.

SaiSrini added 17 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Vinay Kumar, Saha in World Twenty20 probables | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2010 | Cricinfo.com

India Probables: Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Dinesh Karthik, M S Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Yusuf Pathan, Ravindra Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Praveen Kumar, S Sreesanth, Sudeep Tyagi, Rohit Sharma, Ashish Nehra, Ishant Sharma, Abhishek Nayar, Wriddhiman Saha, Naman Ojha, Piyush Chawla, Abhimanyu Mithun, Manish Pandey, R P Singh, Munaf Patel, M Vijay, Vinay Kumar, Amit Mishra, Pragyan Ojha, Virat Kohli, R Ashwin

Would like to see:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Pandey
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Raina
Yusuf
Harbhajan
Praveen
Zaheer
Tyagi

Mishra/Ojha
Karthik
Jadeja
Nehra

We need Nayar in the 15 (maybe even swap Yusuf for Nayar in the XI). Nayar can hit as big as Yusuf and he is a useful bowler too. I think we can rely upon Nayar more than Yusuf. I guess Nehra will make it to the XI in place of Tyagi because Nehra has more of T20 success in the IPL than Tyagi. Only thing is, it will make a major dent to our fielding (Zaheer, Nehra, Praveen) but if these guys can keep the runs down, maybe we can live with it. Or maybe play Nayar in place of Yusuf and have Pragyan Ojha instead of Tyagi. I have a gut feeling that we might see the return of RP Singh in the IPL and subsequently for this tournament.

We need Sehwag and Zaheer if we want to have any chance of getting to the semis of this tournament. Both are vital!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread