If India didnt play Cricket....

Wow... what a great thread. Giving all the wonderful India haters we have on this forum another chance to insult us... very smart.

And the thread starter seems to be an Indian (srikar is an Indian name!)

The ICC is gutless anyone can walk all over them.

Chucking Sri lanka complained about what happened with murali etc they were able to get umpires to stop calling no balls on suspicious deliveries an make umps report after game.
ICC was able to suspend players
once again that got changed an now its left to each individual cricket board how to deal with players with suspect actions.

Anyone who challenges the icc normally wins the difference is countries like england australia sth africa etc arent a bunch of cry babies and will accept the punishment handed down even if they dont agree with it.

And get on with actually playing the game

Actually I agree that the ICC is gutless but disagree on one point.

The difference is that the ICC is already under the thumb of countries like South Africa, Australia and England, so you guys don't need to protest as much as we do to get our rights.

No amount of biased opinions on these forums is going to change facts...

PS. I thought this forum war was over, but I have no problems continuing it if people continue to attack India and Indian members of this forum.

Last edited:
didnt once mention india in that post??

how does india come into this do u think they are crybabies?

sth africa and australia have recently had players bans where they didnt agree with them but instead of wasting time arguing they accepted the bad decision and got on with playing the game of cricket.

sth africa and australia have recently had players bans where they didnt agree with them but instead of wasting time arguing they accepted the bad decision and got on with playing the game of cricket.

very true!!

Last edited:
If you look at history of the game there you will find players form sub continent getting banned more than the ones from outside. Not that im saying ICC is biased but its not true as well that sub continent teams dont take punishment in stride. When found guilty logically the decisions have been accepted. Can you count how many times other teams captains have been fined and banned for over rate except sub continent when it is well known fact that no country has ever finished overs in time.

ICC-------as rightly said spineless

Who said my post was aimed at yours?

I was just making the point that the ICC are ruled by South Africa, Australia and England. It's clear that the punishments handed out to your players are merely fines and reprimands, while the subcontinent players are often banned for a period of time.

I didn't mention anything about crybabies either. I just said that India and Indian members on this forum were being attacked personally and its a fact...

Last edited:
Us Aussies have something called Footy Or Aussie rules and no other country plays that and that sport survives

Yeh good point. In most of Australia 'Aussies Rules' is the most popular sport (by a mile, apart from NSW and QLD). And it isnt played Internationaly and is a very succesful league.

Believe it or not, India werent the first to play cricket, the world would go on...

I don't even understand why anyone would make a topic like this. Cricket had a great deal of tradition and history before India came into the cricketing fray and it will continue to do so. The sport is not all about the money, regardless how true that may seem with the current state of the ICC.

I would think that almost every single Indian, except for the short-sighted few, would disagree with the OP.

Exactly what I was going to say. Cricket was played way before India entered and it certainly wasn't street cricket!

Exactly what I was going to say. Cricket was played way before India entered and it certainly wasn't street cricket!

Exactly... waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back before India entered, back when England actually won games:D (yes quite a while):p

It's always the idea that when you think of Cricketing players, it relates towards the Indian country, players and the fans because their numbers flock the most for the popularity of the game. To say the very least, that Cricket revolves around India is not the slightest bit true.

And to relate back towards the AFL. The AFL has a massive list of sponsors, viewership and funding. It gains a great deal of money and players are offered large amounts of money as well, almost equivalent towards the Cricket annually. Rugby League isn't as popular and the average players are played about a hald to a third of the AFL pay amount.

All of this works in translation that popularity of a/the sport, comes from more than just India.

I dont know what were the intentions of the guy who started this thread. Maybe he should be asked cos from what he has posted on PC forums hes not supporting India. So stop thinking that the thread is our way to say that India owns cricket. Cricket was there before we started playing and will remain there even if we dont play it. No country is big than sport.

Let me put it another way. It's ridiculous to compare a country with a sport and call one bigger than the other. So this thread is just a way to get more flaming...

I don't think the scenario where India doesn't play cricket exists. :p

But certainly I expect that England and Australia alone could continue playing cricket indefinitely. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread