If India didnt play Cricket....

Lol seems Indian fans think they are the backbone of international cricket. Australia are the best in the world but we don't say the cricketing world can't be without us. In fact, if we weren't around, international cricket would be allot more tightly contested. Stop living in fairy la la land, no one team is bigger than cricket itself.
I hope you weren't referring to my post, because no where have I claimed that "India is the backbone of international cricket." I will happily disagree with you, however, if you claim that India bring no financial advantages to the game.

But what do the BCCI do with all their money? Shouldnt they be funding better youth academies, facilities or even better venues for spectators for Indians? They may be big wealthy and powerful but they don't really do anything...

Or are they all about profit and big flash CEO's earning all the money?

that's the problem India thinks they rule cricket , but their not even the best at it , Australia and South Africa is , so maybe India should stop pretending they rule cricket .... Just my opinion ( please don't neg rep me Indian fans , its just my opinion )

ditto

But what do the BCCI do with all their money? Shouldnt they be funding better youth academies, facilities or even better venues for spectators for Indians? They may be big wealthy and powerful but they don't really do anything...

Or are they all about profit and big flash CEO's earning all the money?
God only knows. But my argument and this thread is not about that. My argument is that revenues are greater when India is involved (the obvious exception being The Ashes).

God only knows. But my argument and this thread is not about that. My argument is that revenues are greater when India is involved (the obvious exception being The Ashes).

Ashes revenue will still be less.

If India is not a money mchine then why is CA delaying verdict of Bhajji case to end of Test matches. If India pull out of current tour it will not matter anything to Bcci paying huge fines but losses to CA will be more.

A pullout will cause embarresment to Indian Cricket image but still there will not be any board not wanting us to tour them.

BCCI power comes from us the people of India and im proud of my power.

You're power?

I'd say power depends upon the BCCI having ultimate power? Do they? No, cricket would get along without them with very little difference.

There is nothing wrong with Patriotism, but saying cricket would be nothing without India, or any country sounds bad. IMO

Ashes revenue will still be less.

If India is not a money mchine then why is CA delaying verdict of Bhajji case to end of Test matches. If India pull out of current tour it will not matter anything to Bcci paying huge fines but losses to CA will be more.

A pullout will cause embarresment to Indian Cricket image but still there will not be any board not wanting us to tour them.

BCCI power comes from us the people of India and im proud of my power.
India will not pull out. Pawar said that India will not pull out regardless of the result of the Harbhajan appeal.

You shouldn't be proud of that power--all it's doing is cause more hatred towards our team because of our arrogance--which is also precisely the reason that everyone enjoys a dig at the Aussies.

After the recent events of this tour, i now dislike India more than i do Australia, although i never really hated Australia in the first place. I feel that the Australian team and ex-players, coach etc have dealt with the various incidents amazingly. You see Indian players, people in power, ex players etc making stupulous comments, saying India should leave Australia, trying to get Aussie players banned, saying Umpires are biased, yet we've not heard a peep from the Australian camp complaining about things that have happened. India are far more arrogant than Australia, which is weird considering the cricket they play is nothing to shout home about, i mean they lost an ODi series against England ffs.

they lost an ODi series against England ffs.

I think any team that does that should stop playing cricket.

India will not pull out. Pawar said that India will not pull out regardless of the result of the Harbhajan appeal.

You shouldn't be proud of that power--all it's doing is cause more hatred towards our team because of our arrogance--which is also precisely the reason that everyone enjoys a dig at the Aussies.

You could not have put it better.

Last edited:
I hope you weren't referring to my post, because no where have I claimed that "India is the backbone of international cricket." I will happily disagree with you, however, if you claim that India bring no financial advantages to the game.

No I wasn't referring to your post as my post clearly shows. The term Indian fans, does not infer sohummisra. And I also did not say in any way, shape or form that India doesn't bring financial advantages to the game. Each and every team does. ?nd India obviously brings more that others with such an overpopulated country. But as I said, no team is beyond the game itself. Furthermore no team should believe that world cricket cannot survive without it as no team is bigger than the game itself.

You know I think there would be the real possibility that cricket would be finacially stronger. The one market that is really untapped is that of the english! I think if india wasn't around, teams like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and some other minnows would never have come about....heck even Pakistan wouldn't bother playing cause they seem to only care when they play India. So I think basically asian cricket would be wiped out. Which from a spectator stand point, would only be a good thing cause they never offer any challenge to the aussies :D

Then we would have just Australia, England, South Africa, Windies and NZ - imagine if there was an ashes series almost every year!! That would surely bring a lot of money out of soccer and into cricket - then maybe europe would start playing!! Australia vs anyone is always gonna be a bluechip series, I think the same goes with England and the Windies....it wouldn't take much to get the Saffers and Kiwis up there either - so basically we eliminate all of those boring series (In terms of cricket, not off field drama) from the calendar.

But really - what sort of cut do teams get from the indian tv deals? I don't think they actually get a lot do they? Except for maybe the developing countries...so I find this overall a mute point. You see the vast majority of all this money stays within india - and fat lot of good that is doing for their country or cricket! I'm sure the ICC could still hold world cups because Australian or English sponsors would step in immediately - indian sponsors are the main sponsoirs because currently the main viewers are indian - if it was the other way round the otehres would step in - Aus and Eng aren't without their own juggernaught companies. The prize money is pocket change as it is so that doesn't matter. Heck cricket was able to survivie for a few years out of one single australians pocket if you remember - the rest of the world doesn't need indias money...they only need it when india is playing.

Then of course without the indians we wouldn't have match fixing (goodbye indian book makers), ball tampering (Hi Raul, Sachin), effigy burning (never seen this in the western world), unruly crowds (hello Mumbai) and all that other horrible stuff that makes the game hard to sell. Harsh words but sometimes the truth hurts. So basically - cricket would prosper immeasurably.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread