If India didnt play Cricket....

But really - what sort of cut do teams get from the indian tv deals? I don't think they actually get a lot do they? Except for maybe the developing countries...so I find this overall a mute point. You see the vast majority of all this money stays within india - and fat lot of good that is doing for their country or cricket!
Umm... no. When India visits England or Australia, I believe the BCCI doesn't receive a cent from the TV deals. The TV deals are made between the hosting board and the broadcast company.

And the "vast majority of this money" doesn't stay in India. If you had bothered to read my posts, you would note that as many of three of the four main sponsors of the 2003 World Cup were Indian companies or Indian franchises of global brands. So obviously that money doesn't stay in just India. In fact Australia, the 2003 World Champions, probably received a significant portion of their prize money from Hero Honda.

Then of course without the indians we wouldn't have match fixing (goodbye indian book makers), ball tampering (Hi Raul, Sachin), effigy burning (never seen this in the western world), unruly crowds (hello Mumbai) and all that other horrible stuff that makes the game hard to sell. Harsh words but sometimes the truth hurts. So basically - cricket would prosper immeasurably.
flamebot.gif

If only you didn't spout garbage on a regular basis...

You know I think there would be the real possibility that cricket would be finacially stronger. The one market that is really untapped is that of the english! I think if india wasn't around, teams like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and some other minnows would never have come about....heck even Pakistan wouldn't bother playing cause they seem to only care when they play India. So I think basically asian cricket would be wiped out. Which from a spectator stand point, would only be a good thing cause they never offer any challenge to the aussies :D

Then we would have just Australia, England, South Africa, Windies and NZ - imagine if there was an ashes series almost every year!! That would surely bring a lot of money out of soccer and into cricket - then maybe europe would start playing!! But really - what sort of cut do teams get from the indian tv deals? I don't think they actually get a lot do they? Except for maybe the developing countries...so I find this overall a mute point. You see the vast majority of all this money stays within india - and fat lot of good that is doing for their country or cricket! I'm sure the ICC could still hold world cups because Australian or English sponsors would step in immediately - indian sponsors are the main sponsoirs because currently the main viewers are indian - if it was the other way round the otehres would step in - Aus and Eng aren't without their own juggernaught companies. The prize money is pocket change as it is so that doesn't matter.

Then of course without the indians we wouldn't have match fixing, ball tampering, effigy burning, unruly crowds and all that other horrible stuff that makes the game hard to sell. So basically - cricket would prosper immeasurably.

Thank you for such a wonderfully biased post.
If you feel cricket will be better without Asian sides playing, I have no other option but to say that you don`t know a lot about the sport.

Do you really think that an Ashes series every year will be as exciting ?
I don`t think you`ll get huge test match crowds if you were to have an Ashes series every year .

If you think that Asian sides do not offer any challenge to the Aussies or other sides, think again.
All World Cups since 1992 have had a finalist from the subcontinent.

If you think that Asian sides dp not offer any challenge to the Aussies or other sides, think again.
There's no point aditya. He's just trying to rile us up or perhaps there's an off-chance that he actually lives in his own deluded world.

Ashes revenue will still be less.

If India is not a money mchine then why is CA delaying verdict of Bhajji case to end of Test matches. If India pull out of current tour it will not matter anything to Bcci paying huge fines but losses to CA will be more.

A pullout will cause embarresment to Indian Cricket image but still there will not be any board not wanting us to tour them.

BCCI power comes from us the people of India and im proud of my power.

They are delaying the Harbhajan case because they were afraid of a pull out which would leave the game in tatters - this is in the interest of the game, not money. If india did pull out believe me CA would be compensated by the BCCI - there is not such thing in a tour contract that says that one team may leave if their feelings are hurt by an umpiring decision.

But still, the BCCI has backed off so I think it's safe to say that the ICC have won this battle. The only power they have still is fixing touring schedules...which kinda sucks but that's life. Now the ICC have to show more strength and get rid of members who have conlicts of interest, like Gavaskar.

Thank you for such a wonderfully biased post.
If you feel cricket will be better without Asian sides playing, I have no other option but to say that you don`t know a lot about the sport.

Do you really think that an Ashes series every year will be as exciting ?
I don`t think you`ll get huge test match crowds if you were to have an Ashes series every year .

If you think that Asian sides do not offer any challenge to the Aussies or other sides, think again.

I do believe the ashes would be just as exciting. Sure each individual ashes series prolly wouldnt rake in as much as a single one every 2 years, but the overall money coming out of it is better than aus vs sl one year, then aus vs eng the next. That is my point. I don't find it far fetched that asian cricket would die if india wasn't around..which is what we are predicting. Nor would I see doom and gloom for cricket - it just wouldn't happen.

Last edited:
I do believe the ashes would be just as exciting. Sure each individual ashes series prolly wouldnt rake in as much as a single one every 2 years, but the overall money coming out of it is better than aus vs sl one year, then aus vs eng the next. That is my point. I don't find it far fetched that asian cricket would die if india wasn't around..which is what we are predicting. Nor would I see doom and gloom for cricket - it just wouldn't happen.

HAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!

Who the hell would would wanna come and watch every ashes summer to see the English get whooped 5 nil every time they walk out on the field. The only reason the ashes has so much hype is because they finally won the series in 16 LONG YEARS!!!!

It would be ridiculously stupid for them to play every and get disgraced.;)

HAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!

Who the hell would would wanna come and watch every ashes summer to see the English get whooped 5 nil every time they walk out on the field. The only reason the ashes has so much hype is because they finally won the series in 16 LONG YEARS!!!!

It would be ridiculously stupid for them to play every and get disgraced.;)

If the quality of a series was based purely on the result, there would seem to be no point in India v Pakistan, as India are a much better team and always win. There is a great rivalry between England and Australia, and there are incidents in every Ashes series.

Why are sick people fighting for wrong facts, I mean India have a good history in Cricket, good team.

I mean we (Indian/Pakistanis/Bangladeshes) play cricket because it was introduced to us in 1940/50s when there was "british Raj", and we started playing it, and we became good at it. For example; Germany may not be as good as Bangladesh etc... because they never adopted the game.

If India did'nt play cricket nothing would have matter to tha game itself, although it may matter to the organization that "governs" it, (eg; money wise), and other factors.

if india didnt play cricket all the other sports here would have flourished.

If india didn't play cricket well then there wouldn't have been a Tendulkar......

Not quite, he is just a cricket player. If India didn't play cricket he would not have been born? :rolleyes: not sure.

If the quality of a series was based purely on the result, there would seem to be no point in India v Pakistan, as India are a much better team and always win. There is a great rivalry between England and Australia, and there are incidents in every Ashes series.
Yeah... as a result India-Pakistan has become quite boring. I certainly prefer India-Australia.

You know I think there would be the real possibility that cricket would be finacially stronger. The one market that is really untapped is that of the english! I think if india wasn't around, teams like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and some other minnows would never have come about....heck even Pakistan wouldn't bother playing cause they seem to only care when they play India. So I think basically asian cricket would be wiped out. Which from a spectator stand point, would only be a good thing cause they never offer any challenge to the aussies.

Are you saying that the last Ashes contest was exciting and competitive? And that the 2001, 2003/04 series against India was boring and a complete white wash for Australia? The only thing that was exciting since the 80s in the Ashes series was 2005 and thats one more than England. And SA put up a fight in Australia? Not from what i've seen... its just Smith talking. NZ a competitive test team? WI, well we know what happened to them... mate what warp hole do you live? When was the last time Australia was at 122/6. Or that a test team surpassed Australia by 100 runs in an innings? :clap

The last Ashes series was exciting for me, despite being an England fan the Australian's played unbelievable cricket, any cricket fan should acknowledge cricket of that quality as exciting.

The last Ashes series was exciting for me, despite being an England fan the Australian's played unbelievable cricket, any cricket fan should acknowledge cricket of that quality as exciting.

So how did the 2005 Ashes feel like? ;)
I'll conceed to that. I should've said challenging to Australia than exciting. It was enjoyable for me last year cause i'm a fan of Warne and Langer. Never liked Mcgrath (coughrolledeveryonecough).

But then how hasn't India v Australia been exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread