If India didnt play Cricket....

if india didnt play cricket all the other sports here would have flourished.

India should dominate in basketball. I want to see us have good basketball league too. Forget cricket its a total waste of 7 hours.

But then how hasn't India v Australia been exciting.
Atmosphere just isnt the same. When the Ashes is on everyone talks about it and really reeeeeeeeally gets behind the Aussie team to smash the poms.

Where as this series is like.... meh.

Atmosphere just isnt the same. When the Ashes is on everyone talks about it and really reeeeeeeeally gets behind the Aussie team to smash the poms.

I dont see how cricket survives in Australia considering you dont look much ahead of Poms and tbh they are not that good side for long time now.

India should dominate in basketball. I want to see us have good basketball league too. Forget cricket its a total waste of 7 hours.
Basketball is unfortunately not paid too much importance by the government. In fact, it has probably become less popular with them. Whereas 5-odd years ago they would show the senior National Championships on DD Sports--they don't show that these days.

Basketball is unfortunately not paid too much importance by the government. In fact, it has probably become less popular with them. Whereas 5-odd years ago they would show the senior National Championships on DD Sports--they don't show that these days.

More reason why Cricket should be abandoned. No game will develop unless we have every kid just wanting to be Tendulkar or Irfan.

More reason why Cricket should be abandoned. No game will develop unless we have every kid just wanting to be Tendulkar or Irfan.
You cannot just abandon cricket. Sports have never been popular in India. Our population is far more education-driven. It's not the government's fault that parents force their kids to study for 12-15 hours a day--it's the culture.

I dont see how cricket survives in Australia considering you dont look much ahead of Poms and tbh they are not that good side for long time now.

Theres alot of participation in local clubs, and i suppose they make their money off sponsors...

It is the most popular summer sport, 'just' ahead of soccer but give it another 10 years and that'll be different as well. In the winter you'd think cricket didn't even exist when the AFL season is on... No one that i know of even watched the World Cup or the T20 tournament.

You cannot just abandon cricket. Sports have never been popular in India. Our population is far more education-driven. It's not the government's fault that parents force their kids to study for 12-15 hours a day--it's the culture.

Yeah i hated those kids who studied so much. But now they are all managers somewhere. Not that im not.:cool:

there are many reasons why cricket has left all other sports behind in india....

1.the game's popularity in india was at it's peak when india won the world cup...
and best spin attack of the world.

2.hockey was dying .........the hockey team of india which impressed adolf hitler was no more.

3.the game was a crowd attraction..people of india thought you just have to hit the ball hard and you win.......that's why we lack in bowling attack(PACE)

4.Corrupt government officials who didnot knew of other sports and just wanted money

5.unavailibility of proper facilites,grounds,support to other sport players.

If India dint play cricket, then it wouldnt have really mattered, as the game existed and was started much before.

However if India stop playing the game today then I am dead sure that it will hit the sport financially. But I dont think it would make that much of a difference to the other cricketing nations and their bodies, and with time, the game would go on.

I personally feel that the game and its players are bit too hyped up in the country which has prevented the development of other sports (and sport in general).

I personally feel that the game and its players are bit too hyped up in the country which has prevented the development of other sports (and sport in general).

Its the country`s most favorite sport.
I don`t think it is overhyped. Would you call Football overhyped in Brazil ?

We have not produced great talents in other sports which has not helped and some poor packaging of sports like football and hockey and incompetent sports bodies have all aggravated the matter.

The atmosphere comes only because of the history behind the series and not the quality of the contest.

The current series has been keenly contested even if the scoreline does not suggest so.

Last edited:

Yeh?

Without sounding rude, the people of India aren't exactly of the same height of the US b'ballers are they?

Users who are viewing this thread