IGN review - 6.8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
They rated DBC 14 too low IMO. The game deserves a rating of 8+.

I hate "ratings"

Totally agree with them! Big Ant will need to sort out a lot of bugs! :(

Don Bradman Cricket 14 Review - IGN

what I would recommend is go to Ross's profile, hit statistics and click "find all posts by Bigantstudios" and follow all the posts by him and you'll find out that we are getting a patch soon, or, go to this thread http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/don-bradman-cricket-14-forum/patch-89004.htmlcreated by slugger and you'll know the recent updates on patches

What a poorly written and ill considered review to be frank. Pretty shoddy attempts at humour as well

2/10 for his review

i didnt bother with most of the review just read the minus points at the end which i agree with.

To go further into it, he mentions 3 bugs in the game, one regarding catches from free hits (has that ever happened to someone else), a commentary bug and the bowler switching from either side of the wicket. I think he could have mentioned bigger bugs than that, and if he cannot, than that doesn't warrent how harsh he has been on it. I was playing FIFA 14 the other week and there were at least 3 glitches in the game, that doesn't make it "buggy"

DBC14 may be slightly unpolished, but calling it "buggy" sends the wrong impression to me. Not only that, he says they're prevalent, ie, widespread. Cannot see that tbh.

Super human fielders I can kinda get, the bowling radar is meh. It just feels like a bare bones review to me, and it is pretty fishing clear that he doesn't care at all and already has a bias towards cricket games.

I tell ya what? I am probably over reacting, but I am seriously P'od that the only games they'll put more than 5 minutes into are the AAA games, and although ratings don't do much, the game is SIGNIFICANTLY better than 6.8, just ridiculous.

So annoyed, and boy am I overreacting

----------

The people in the comments are having a go at him as well, good.

this was probably some high critic reviewer, unlike those guys that did video commentary,they seemed very into the game n cool, after that vid i had more hopes for a better ign review, but as usual its a bit of a hash job and too many big words.

The review is way off, don't listen to it. I have been playing for a good week now and its a solid 8 at the least. Batting and bowling are new gameplay mechanics which are amazing. The manual fielding is itself another feature not really mentioned in this review that makes the game more enjoyable.

I have not had as many bugs in my playthroughs as this review suggests either. So not sure what gives there.

Yes the fielders arms need to be adjusted so less direct hits, however if you set the fielding camera to fielder 1, its easy to judge when to make 2s or 3s. Don't know why reviewer had difficulty in that.

Yes we also do need a fielding radar, please add this Big Ant in a patch.

Apart from that the review is way to harsh. This game is a dozen times better then any cricket game we have had so far, i know that is not saying much but its the best one available by a long distance.

I recommend every one who likes cricket to at least try it out and give it a chance. You will grow to love this game.

From the top comment on the article. I am really tired, it is around 5am here, but I feel like the game got an unfair review and I am of the opinion that Bigant are entitled to ask for it to be re-reviewed or clarified.

I didn't realise people still took Ign seriously?

They've been a pay for review score site for years.

I don't agree with IGN rating. Its surely 8+

I didn't realise people still took Ign seriously?

They've been a pay for review score site for years.

And if people didn't take them seriously they wouldn't get paid for them, so quod erat demonstrandum people obviously do take it seriously.

I'll 6.8 your face if you don't lay off my cricket game!

I like this bolded part though, which says it all.

An ambitious and enthusiastically-crafted sports sim let down by a few too many bugs and design quirks.

They say design gap, but how many of the cricket games in past has got so much in-depth details right in their first iterations? There are bugs, which is expected but definitely not a game stopping design issues.

I would consider 6.8 as 7 still & 7/10 is very good for a cricket game especially after the disastrous Ashes edition that made cricket itself to be disqualified for a gaming category.

I think he lost the other 3.2 in his ego...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread