Im absolutely S*** at batting :(

jimmynolegs777

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
First of all, im new so hello :)

Im playing medium difficulty and have so far not been able to bat well at all. Should i just keep practicing and sooner or later the technique to batting will come? I say this becuase im pretty convinced that i am not timing the ball well and that is why i am rubbish at batting. Oh well.

I think the batting is just really hard. There are limited regions that you can actually score in, depending on field placement.

True. I do like how the ball doesnt go to fixed destinations, like people have been saying about BLIC 2005. I think the other reason for my scores being crap is that i havnt built up that confidence meter very high.

squiz said:
Practice in the nets so you can remember when you have to hit the ball

Thats great advice, you must be Australian. ;)

lol :) I found that the nets were a bit pointless, because as has been posted before, there are obviously no fielders so you dont know whether the shot will be succesful or not.

I have had the game since it came out and was terrible when i got it at batting Im still an ameture but am improving i have sat in the nets and practised but the best way to get better I think is by playing a one day game because you have to learn placement and is that not one of the most important things in batting placement and timing thats what i think anyway??

Yeah, your right. Practice is probably the only way to improve because surely they wouldnt have released the game knowing that it is impossible to score runs. However, some people on the forum are obviously able to bat well. So at least it is possible :)

batting is easy on medium for me i just hit fours all the time. i have never got a wicket when i have been bowling though. can some please help. ive bowled about 30 overs all up in test matches and about 10 in one dayers. its just impossible. ive tried on easy and still havent got a wicket.

use the advance and 6 button for deliverers off stump and where no fielders are set ie do a cover drive shots with advance + 6 button and early on ie 1 2/3 over when the fielding is restricted... or pres down and right with advance and 6 button and watcht he ball fly for sixes!

Thanks Intrancer, will try later :)

Aldersly, i find bowling so much easier than batting, lol. What is it you find hard about bowling?

Taken me a couple of weeks to start hitting sixes and fours. I just kept practicing in a match situation instead of the nets and learnt the timing. Just look for a place on the radar where the opposition has no fielder on the boundary. Advance down the wicket, get the timing right and knock it over the top.

in my first few innings i got bowled out for bout 20 and all my shots went to the fielders. however if you practise and learn how to time the ball (just beforethe ball hits the bowling marker) then the shots being stopped in the covers start to pierce through and go for 4. you also need to use the 6 hit button when you have got confidence to hit over the outfield. however you need to wait till the bad ball and hit it clear of the fielders.

using these techniques i ve got 100's on hard in ODI's with my top score being

England 346-2 vs Sri Lanka
Trescothick 24
Strauss 79
Pieterson 156*
Vaughn 81*

And a few extras

Users who are viewing this thread