Im going To Reinstall Cricket 2004

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well its been a long time general. Boredam has set in while i await my super pc. So ive decided to reinstall cricket 2004, seeing as 2005 is the worse representation of cricket ive ever seen.

Can anyone tell me of the essential files i should download/need. Ive gotten abit rusty in my old age.

Cheers ;)

Edit dont worry i cant find the bloody disc. Argh :rolleyes:

Last edited:
awesome idea for a thread gas! I cant believe anyone didn't come up with this earlier!

Sams EXE 1.2 I would say is the most important thing you'll need.

Graphics Importer v3, Lineup Editor v4.1 and Player Editor 2.1 are required if you want to patch it. Not forgetting Config Editor v3. Most patches can be installed thru GI3 though.

For graphics checkout my English County Kits Patch for this season just gone, for Rosters and Bats you need Stevie and Burmas Finest Batpack (with roster). There isnt an all in one patch for international kits so you'll have to grab these from the download centre individually.

For AI patches, well thats pretty much up to your preference, I'd recommend Boss's Coolgameplay patches.

All of these are in the download centre.

I agree - '04 was the best - the most grounds - Lilac Hill Cairns etc - just good all round

Are there any cheat codes for it?

Well pull my finger and flick my ring, i just found the cricket 2004 disk. Think i might install it and get it up to date. Now the cut stroke will be easy to play again lol :rolleyes:

Cheers for the info Kev, i shall start downloading what you said.

Ok small problem. The game is not recognizing my logitech control pad. Could it be beacuse i have usb mouse and keyboard. It rings a bell from somewhere. However its all i have :mad:

Now you mention it, I don't think I got my PS2 controller to work with C2004 on my old system.

Well i got it working, by removing the keyboard, then plugging it back in once the game was started.

Wow, the game looks so dated. Yet the edges are great in this version. Still, its to far back for me guess im stuck with 07 untill the 23rd of march.

Damn you Gas! You've made me install it again now just to see the contrast between this and 2007. Batting is a lot more enjoyable in the 04 version but I remember struggling desperately to take wickets.

evertonfan said:
Damn you Gas! You've made me install it again now just to see the contrast between this and 2007. Batting is a lot more enjoyable in the 04 version but I remember struggling desperately to take wickets.

The batting is weird, but in a way i prefer it in 04. I prefer the sounds, the shot animations, and the shot direction.

The character models look terrible now though, still its good for a laugh. I wrote my longest ever story using cricket 2004.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4715

The_gas said:
Well i got it working, by removing the keyboard, then plugging it back in once the game was started.

Wow, the game looks so dated. Yet the edges are great in this version. Still, its to far back for me guess im stuck with 07 untill the 23rd of march.
Yeah, I loaded it up a few months back, strange how it looks so dated. Especially as the stadium models are pretty much identical, the wickets actually look better (shame about the outfields) and the kits are more detailed (if you use my kits ;)).

Richard Johnson, Graham Thorpe, Mark Butcher, Nasser Hussain in your squad? Those were the days.

Batting on Cricket 2004 was the best i've ever experienced in a Cricket game. The bowling was awful though.

is there anyway to install the game a different way because my computer whenever i install the cricket 2004 disc it comes up with this error message and i can't install it.

Yeah, I loaded it up a few months back, strange how it looks so dated. Especially as the stadium models are pretty much identical, the wickets actually look better (shame about the outfields) and the kits are more detailed (if you use my kits ).

I was using your kits Kev, they looked good. Also the batpack.

Richard Johnson, Graham Thorpe, Mark Butcher, Nasser Hussain in your squad? Those were the days.

Batting on Cricket 2004 was the best i've ever experienced in a Cricket game. The bowling was awful though.

After looking back at my story i really get the urge to write another one, that story brings back memorys of when i wasnt that good at the game to start with, and was challenged on the hard setting. Ah the good old days.

Users who are viewing this thread