I'm really struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daxter23

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Liek thsi game alot. Swappe dit for the arcadey piece of crap that BLIC is and im happy i did so. But Batting is painfully hard. My highest is 70 all out. The ball seesm to always to go fielders. The only way to hti fours seems to be with the 6 hit button. Has anyone hit a straght or on drive for four? I like the game, but heel it is hard batting. Im sure with time i ll get better. Any tips?

:p Ha ha daxter! u were the one who said BLIC was: "the best cricket game on the ps2" like a week ago. Then u got banned from the Blic forums for bad use of language. lol haha!

Daxter you just need to practice mate. Probably what you dont want to hear, but its what has to be done.

as the_gas said you need to practice mate.

try the nets for sometime and you will gain some confidence. :)

Dnt try the nets, they suck !
Best place to practice is a test match on medium level on a hard track against a not-so good bowling attack....actually, any attack.

On Drive - Anything pitched up on middle and leg, swinging in towards you, play the front foot on drive as soon as it pitches. Most cases, it goes for 4.
Try the same on back foot if its pitched short.

Cover Drive - Try it after the confidence meter goes up just a little. Anything pitched outside off stump moving away can be hit. Yu have to go a little late on this shot unlike the on-drive.
Backfoot same as above (a little more difficult early on)

Leg Glance - Very easy after a few practice hits. On a hard wicket, anything pictched even slightly short on middle and leg, wait for it to bounce and play the leg glance on the back foot. It will invariably go for a 4 towards fine leg, at worst, you will get 2.

Straight Drive - Difficult initially. You have to hit it as late as possible without missing the ball and getting out bowled. Currently, it best to try it on straight balls only and not on ones swinging around.

Square drive - on the front foot its easy, back foot I haven't figured it out. Front foot any ball moving away (hopefully across the line of the stumps) can be hit just after its bounced.

The trick in 2005 is not to use the same shots you were using in 2004, you have to figure out yur own comfort zones.

Secondly, unlike in 2004, here you have to keep the buttons pressed for a while till the sht is completed.

Happy Playing mate !

I want to hit fours more then sixes. Always I hit more sixes then fours pleaase tell me how to hit fours eaisily

Cricketman93 said:
:p Ha ha daxter! u were the one who said BLIC was: "the best cricket game on the ps2" like a week ago. Then u got banned from the Blic forums for bad use of language. lol haha!
yes i do hate BLIC it sucks. and yes cricket 2005 is the best cricket game on ps2. fool.

mehul.vaghela said:
Dnt try the nets, they suck !
Best place to practice is a test match on medium level on a hard track against a not-so good bowling attack....actually, any attack.

On Drive - Anything pitched up on middle and leg, swinging in towards you, play the front foot on drive as soon as it pitches. Most cases, it goes for 4.
Try the same on back foot if its pitched short.

Cover Drive - Try it after the confidence meter goes up just a little. Anything pitched outside off stump moving away can be hit. Yu have to go a little late on this shot unlike the on-drive.
Backfoot same as above (a little more difficult early on)

Leg Glance - Very easy after a few practice hits. On a hard wicket, anything pictched even slightly short on middle and leg, wait for it to bounce and play the leg glance on the back foot. It will invariably go for a 4 towards fine leg, at worst, you will get 2.

Straight Drive - Difficult initially. You have to hit it as late as possible without missing the ball and getting out bowled. Currently, it best to try it on straight balls only and not on ones swinging around.

Square drive - on the front foot its easy, back foot I haven't figured it out. Front foot any ball moving away (hopefully across the line of the stumps) can be hit just after its bounced.

The trick in 2005 is not to use the same shots you were using in 2004, you have to figure out yur own comfort zones.

Secondly, unlike in 2004, here you have to keep the buttons pressed for a while till the sht is completed.

Happy Playing mate !

thanks for the tips

yes cricket 2005 steals the show

Daxter23 said:
Liek thsi game alot. Swappe dit for the arcadey piece of crap that BLIC is and im happy i did so. But Batting is painfully hard. My highest is 70 all out. The ball seesm to always to go fielders. The only way to hti fours seems to be with the 6 hit button. Has anyone hit a straght or on drive for four? I like the game, but heel it is hard batting. Im sure with time i ll get better. Any tips?

hehe Daxter, I was kinda expecting this after you got the game a couple of days ago and then went quiet.

Batting is tough, but it does gradually come with practise. Like suggested above, it's best to practise in actual matches. Just play loads of matches and try to suss out the timing, etc.

The nets give some basic introductory help but you really just need to play proper matches. Don't be afraid to lose wickets, just play shots and work out the timings and what shots work to what type of delivery. You have a lot of choices and a lot of control (unlike BLIC). And then you have to learn about the different pitch conditions, batting against spinners, etc. I'm still learning and still have some way to go before I will feel ready to start a "serious" test series.

And I've not even tried to learn proper bowling yet. There is a lot to this game :cool: .

Also, I notice that Eddie is realeasing an AI patch tonight that will change the direction of some shots, so there will be lees scripted shots going straight to fielders. But did you say you have the PS2 version? It is possible to patch this version too, but unless you already know how to boot patched games, I'm not going to explain as it is too complicated.

Cricketman93 said:

And also got banned from here two weeks ago for the same thing.

Daxter23 said:

Doesn't seem to have learned his lesson either. Bye bye Daxter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread