Importing from Aus to UK

stannie65

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

I wanted to start a new thread for this as not many Aussies will be looking in/care about the "Ordering in the UK thread".

Given the UK release date is unclear and getting pushed back, I'm going to import from Australia. Mainly through impatience, but also because it is only costing ?5 extra by the looks of it.

I've looked at MightyApe.au which appears to be able to ship the game for $91 Aus in total - or ?50 - ?5 more than what Game are selling it for.

My question is, has anyone else imported games from Aus before? Which retailer do you suggest I use in terms of reliability/price/speed.

Thanks
Rob

Hi,

I wanted to start a new thread for this as not many Aussies will be looking in/care about the "Ordering in the UK thread".

Given the UK release date is unclear and getting pushed back, I'm going to import from Australia. Mainly through impatience, but also because it is only costing ?5 extra by the looks of it.

I've looked at MightyApe.au which appears to be able to ship the game for $91 Aus in total - or ?50 - ?5 more than what Game are selling it for.

My question is, has anyone else imported games from Aus before? Which retailer do you suggest I use in terms of reliability/price/speed.

Thanks
Rob

I have imported from New Zealand a number of times via Mighty Ape...no problems, will need to look what packaging charges were though.

Good to know. Mighty Ape aus is $74.99 for the game and then $16.99 for postage = ?50

Good to know. Mighty Ape aus is $74.99 for the game and then $16.99 for postage = ?50

Might be worth it as it seems the UK date is set to be at least the 14th......if it was sent out on the 2nd or 3rd next week you would have it much sooner....if you have the dosh you can get it there the next day!!

How long for shipping though? xxxxx

Not sure yet, just waiting on replies to this thread to see if there are other options.

As Dutch says, the release date keeps slipping so even if I get it around the 10th, the chances are that'll still be before the UK release - and if not, hey ho, i've only lost ?5!

I'm looking like getting it from India if someone is travelling over with work early the following week

----------

It's petty I know but I would love the UK distributor not to get my money ;)

I think this is a great idea and the best route for UK buyers to get this game any time soon.

It seems as though Tru Blu are watching this forum. I've no doubt that it was the info received on here which prompted them to block GameExchange from importing DBC 14.

Can Tru Blu do anything do block us from buying via retailers such as MightyApe? If so, probably want to be careful about sharing too much info!

That's probably different as they are a UK company looking to import. I'm just ordering from an Aus company who can post to wherever they want

That's probably different as they are a UK company looking to import. I'm just ordering from an Aus company who can post to wherever they want

Great news.

So are MightyApe the best Australian option? EB seems to have the best relationship with Big Ant, chances are they will have stock way ahead of time. Do they ship internationally?

Placed my order with Mighty Ape, apparently it's coming via DHL Express... so we will see! If it works and I get the game earlier than the slipping UK date then great, if not then nothing ventured nothing gained!

Expected ship date is April 2nd...

Last edited:
Placed my order with Mighty Ape, apparently it's coming via DHL Express... so we will see! If it works and I get the game earlier than the slipping UK date then great, if not then nothing ventured nothing gained!

Yep I have gone and done the same. The pieces are in place, decisions have been made. Leaves NZ on Wednesday. Done, dusted, over.

good luck mate.

I have also made the decision and gone for it .Pre ordered it from mighty ape.
Dont care anymore. Lets just wait and see how long it will take to arrive.
They are using DHL express

Users who are viewing this thread