In a nutshell....

Skidman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is EA's Cricket 2005 worth wasting the money on or am I going to be disappointed like I was with 2004, 2002.....etc etc etc..

I've played the demo, and I have seen the following failings (which have previously been highlighted in this forum - no doubt!!!):

Fielders are too good....Very fast, they make Jonty Rhodes look like Devon Malcolm/Phil Tuffers combined!!!

(I think) Still (as in 2004) (what should be) right armed bowlers/fielders still throw in left handed...

The keeper does no fielding

The advancing down the wicket is still very cr@p....

All the various issues to do with the numbers of runs scored when you're run out....

Fielders seem to throw one way while looking in the opposite direction - this only occurs depending on where the fielder occurs....

There are probably many others that were clearly in 2004 and still not been fixed....even though Wilson promised....

Anyway...

I have also played the Demo of BLC....I liked this more in many ways, BUT the best would be a combination of both. I still think the game play is probably more realistic in EA's game, there does actually seem to be nice variation on the bowling etc etc....

I just can't decide whether I can be bothered to give EA some MORE of my money so they can invest in developing games other than the Cricket, as they clearly don't work hard enough on Cricket, regardless of what Mr Wilson says. I work in IT and I understand how the software development life cycle works, and I'd be ashamed to work in the EA Cricket department considering the amount of bugs and flaws in the games....

It seems to me that they don't actually test the game using avid cricket gamers.....Otherwise these flaws would be ironed out.

It could be such a good game, I do really think it is improving, but surely by now (when was the first EA Cricket??? 1997??? Dunno) they should have got some of the more obvious issues resolved.

Anyway, whinge over.

I'd just appreciate some comments as to whether its worth spending the money. Having played the demo, I may as well just play 2004 a bit more and wait until......2007/08/09/10 until they get it right.

I which would happen first....England regain the Ashes or EA produce a Cricket game worthy of the sport.....and at the same quality of other EA Games.

Cheers,

I'm confused about which game i should get. I'm leaning towards Brian Lara International but Ea Sports doesnt look to bad but i'm still not convinced. Why should I give Ea sports another chance after is has failed miserably in the past. What is newand refreshing about Cricket 2005?

It has the potential to be a very good game with a bit of tweaking, there aren't all that many bugs and it's reasonably realistic. Personally I'd say it's worth the money

I'm confused about which game i should get. I'm leaning towards Brian Lara International but Ea Sports doesnt look to bad but i'm still not convinced. Why should I give Ea sports another chance after is has failed miserably in the past. What is newand refreshing about Cricket 2005?
Nothing all that new, it's a refined version of 2004 which improves on it in pretty much all departments and gets rid of most of the bugs, if you want a reasonably realistic simulation rather than an arcade game like BLIC get Cricket 2005

Last edited:
initially i found 2005 really hard [hard level] and alsmost gave up and now after some serious hours into the game im loving it.... now im making 50s of 18-20 bowls against aus [20 over game] and when i make the 50/100 it feels GOOD!..... just like real cricket... there are annoying bugs with it but i think its having if you are willing to play real cricket on the ps2/pc/xbox

Cricket 2005 is much more realistic then Brian Lara 2005..and i decided to get Cricket 2005 and i am not dissapointed by the brilliant game

If you want a game where you just press a button and the CPU does the rest, then buy BLIC.

If you want a game which makes you feel GOOD when you score a 50 or 100, buy Cricket 2005.

Cricket 2005 may be having more bugs but it also has many more features than its arcady counterpart.

Elsewhere in this forum there is a review of BLC which is not turning out to be the saviour of all cricket game fanatics as we had hoped. I think personally if you are going to get only one of those two, then Cricket 2005 is the one to go with.

OK! Sounds like EA gets the nod......

BTW I don't think I'm being too picky about the flaws, some of them are fundimental parts of cricket that would not be too hard to fix, or get right. EA makes excellent games, I love the Maddens, the FIFAs and some of the Golfs, but the Rugby and Cricket have been very disappointing. I know this is a cricket forum but Rugby 2002 was MILES better than 2004....

They just need to spend more time, get some proper testers and listen to us cricket purists.

Cricket 2005 doesn't represent the atmosphere of cricket for me. The graphics are taken straight from Rugby 2005, the gameplay has only been slightly tweaked and the sound still sucks.

BLIC 2005 has the most excellent graphics I've ever seen in a cricket game. I fail to understand the losers who say 'It looks like a cartoon' because they don't! Pitch detail, crowds and player animations whips Cricket 2005's arse. Full stop.

Users who are viewing this thread