Increased Difficulty Program Suggestion

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have a suggestion/idea for a program to increasing the difficulty in this game. I have programming knowledge but not to do with hacking into data files etc so I'm not sure if I'd manage that.

This is basically an addon to a roster editor which I'm anticipating will be made soon or later.

In the program you select the game that you're about to play (ie which team you'll be and the opposition). The game then scales up the skills evenly of each of the opposition players (maybe not things like aggression and speed which are more player characteristic things and not skill based) and possibly scales down those of the team you're going to play with. There could be varying levels of scaling based on how hard you want the game to be.

After this, simply load up the game and play that match and you'll be using a significantly weakened team against a stronger one.

It's the kind of thing that you could do manually but it'd take a long time. There would also be a reset button to bring everything back to default.

I'm suggesting this idea based on the assumption that we'll be able to crack the set skill points limit and go above and below it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I have a suggestion/idea for a program to increasing the difficulty in this game. I have programming knowledge but not to do with hacking into data files etc so I'm not sure if I'd manage that.

This is basically an addon to a roster editor which I'm anticipating will be made soon or later.

In the program you select the game that you're about to play (ie which team you'll be and the opposition). The game then scales up the skills evenly of each of the opposition players (maybe not things like aggression and speed which are more player characteristic things and not skill based) and possibly scales down those of the team you're going to play with. There could be varying levels of scaling based on how hard you want the game to be.

After this, simply load up the game and play that match and you'll be using a significantly weakened team against a stronger one.

It's the kind of thing that you could do manually but it'd take a long time. There would also be a reset button to bring everything back to default.

I'm suggesting this idea based on the assumption that we'll be able to crack the set skill points limit and go above and below it.

Interesting idea.

Also, something that alters the timing window whenever a six is attempted to make them harder to time would be good.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, thats very much possible. Something I had in mind for BLIC 07 but couldn't get the game to work.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
We've already cracked the set skills points limit. The roster only reloads when you press enter at the start so you'd have to know the teams you were playing with before starting the game (unless AbBh knows a way round that).

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, I'm pretty sure its possible. The rosters reside in memory after they are read, and possibly the skill points are transferred into some data structure. If the address to that structure can be obtained, they can be modified at any time. I'm sure they are read before every ball as the batsman's skill can increase/decrease during a match. This is all theory based on assumptions though; in reality it could be harder to accomplish.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yeah, I'm pretty sure its possible. The rosters reside in memory after they are read, and possibly the skill points are transferred into some data structure. If the address to that structure can be obtained, they can be modified at any time. I'm sure they are read before every ball as the batsman's skill can increase/decrease during a match. This is all theory based on assumptions though; in reality it could be harder to accomplish.

What about the idea for changing the timing window when a six is attempted? Maybe it would only be possible to change the timing window across the board.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
That is something that depends on the implementation of the timing windows in the game. I'll look into it.

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is something that depends on the implementation of the timing windows in the game. I'll look into it.

Man your interest in reverse engineering is really gr8, proud that you are from India :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I'm glad that you guys see some benefit in my suggestion.

The timing window could definitely be shortened. Backfoot shots especially are very easy (and very fun though) to play.

AdBh, I find it unlikely that the increases/decreases to a batsman's skill during the game, based on form and tiredness, would be changing the "master copy" of the player attributes. It'd surely be more likely that the player database is then duplicated and then altered during the game. All we'd have to do is edit the main database and it should be fine n dandy.

Users who are viewing this thread