India-England-Australia Tri-series - January 2015

Who will win the Carlton Mid Tri-Series ?

• India

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Can't Say Anything

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Well can anybody tell me in which country this tri series is going to be held

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well can anybody tell me in which country this tri series is going to be held
Australia.

Fixtures

Friday 16th January: Australia v England, Sydney
Sunday 18th January: Australia v India, Melbourne
Tuesday 20th January: England v India, Brisbane
Friday 23rd January: Australia v England, Hobart
Monday 26th January: Australia v India, Sydney
Friday 30th January: England v India, Perth
Sunday 1st February: Final, Perth

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
A highly un-called for tri-series this one. Yes, it will give England some much needed practice before the World Cup, but for Australia and India, this one's going to be pretty much tiring, especially after a long 4 Test series. I just hope that this does not drain out the players too much as it has eveyr potential of affecting them, as it did during the 1992 Cricket World Cup.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
A highly un-called for tri-series this one. Yes, it will give England some much needed practice before the World Cup, but for Australia and India, this one's going to be pretty much tiring, especially after a long 4 Test series. I just hope that this does not drain out the players too much as it has eveyr potential of affecting them, as it did during the 1992 Cricket World Cup.
u are right as india tour of australia is already going on this will not be a surprise for india and australia

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
This will be the last chance for all 3 countries to be ready for the upcoming world cup

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Just was checking Shami's ODI stats. Found that if Shami carries his last year's splendid ODI form , He has a very good chance to overtake Pakistan's Saqlain Mushtaq as the fastest to 100 wickets in ODIs. Shami at the time has 68 wickets from 36 ODIs with an average of 26 and requires 32 more wickets in a maximum of 16 matches to surpass Saqlain.[DOUBLEPOST=1420598062][/DOUBLEPOST]And @Star Player , Do You mind posting the fixtures of the series?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Big Three play each other in a tri-series in the same country where the World Cup will be held a few days later. Ring a bell?:p

India need to be smart and rotate their players, especially the bowlers. Its good that Kumar didnt play much of the tri-series. He is a vital cog for the World Cup. Him and Shami will probably be the go-to bowlers, followed by Ishant and Yadav. Ashwin is sure to play most games, as his batting is steady and stable for ODI's. The batting picks itself for most games barring injury - Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahane, Raina, Dhoni. If India play 5 bowlers, I would play Akshar Patel in place of Binny. With most of the games expected to have batting friendly conditions (big shots are the success of any tournament these days), there would be absolutely no necessity of a 4th seamer

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
The Big Three play each other in a tri-series in the same country where the World Cup will be held a few days later. Ring a bell?:p

India need to be smart and rotate their players, especially the bowlers. Its good that Kumar didnt play much of the tri-series. He is a vital cog for the World Cup. Him and Shami will probably be the go-to bowlers, followed by Ishant and Yadav. Ashwin is sure to play most games, as his batting is steady and stable for ODI's. The batting picks itself for most games barring injury - Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahane, Raina, Dhoni. If India play 5 bowlers, I would play Akshar Patel in place of Binny. With most of the games expected to have batting friendly conditions (big shots are the success of any tournament these days), there would be absolutely no necessity of a 4th seamer
Yeah the bowlers are a great weakness of India

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The tri-series will see a lot of rotation. Mohit & Dhawal will definitely play all games. You'd want your World Cup 15 to get adequate rest before the World Cup. I dont think India's main aim would be to win the tri-series. They would try and emulate what they did in 2008, giving everyone enough chances to get the WC 11 in order.

S

Satan666

I would play him in the final 11 ahead of Ashwin, for a young man his temperament seems intact and certainly has more to offer with ball than Ashwin. Akshar Patel is expected to shine at the showpiece, wait.

Users who are viewing this thread