India-England-Australia Tri-series - January 2015

Who will win the Carlton Mid Tri-Series ?

• India

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Can't Say Anything

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
To be fair, if Bell comes out and actually plays aggressively, then I've got no problem with it. If he turns back to being a rehash of what we had with Cook, then it would be pointless. I'm just hoping he doesn't keep his place if he doesn't perform, just because of this knock.

bigred

Club Captain
Bell has secured that spot for sure now. It'll probably need an injury for Hales to get a game. I've seen some things in the Big Bash that I don't like about Hales. Struggles very much against the swinging ball. In September I wanted him to replace Robson in the test side, but perhaps he is just a t20 player after all. Probably deserves another run in ODI side though at some point.

5 of England's bowlers are certainties now. Broad, Anderson, Woakes, Bopara and Ali. Jordan seems to have bowled himself out of contention. Will probably be Finn for places like MCG/Perth and Tredwell for Adelaide/SCG.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
This series brings back memories of that brilliant one which Colly won for us in 06/07. My favourite cricket moment.

Actually think our side is full of promise at the minute, Moeen has really impressed so far. Only weakness is the third seamer and I don't rate Tredwell or Bopara but I like the look of the side. We are doomed to failure though because it's England in ODI cricket

lion100lion

International Coach
Do you like the new uniform of Indian team for Tri-series and World Cup ? (I don't !!!)

1421302044704.jpg

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
No 'design' at all. Kit designers have lacked imagination ever since our team adopted the darker colour.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Bell has secured that spot for sure now. It'll probably need an injury for Hales to get a game.
See, this is one of the problems with England for me, that you've hit on. Bell totally deserves to start the series, but if he doesn't perform well enough, then Hales should get a go. It's what happens in the important games that counts, not the warm ups.
This series brings back memories of that brilliant one which Colly won for us in 06/07. My favourite cricket moment.

Actually think our side is full of promise at the minute, Moeen has really impressed so far. Only weakness is the third seamer and I don't rate Tredwell or Bopara but I like the look of the side. We are doomed to failure though because it's England in ODI cricket
I remember that, looking like one of the worst sides we've ever put out and they eased home.

On the current side, you know for sure that we'll probably be cruising a knock out game and looking like winning, only to throw it all away in a heart beat. :D

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
See, this is one of the problems with England for me, that you've hit on. Bell totally deserves to start the series, but if he doesn't perform well enough, then Hales should get a go. It's what happens in the important games that counts, not the warm ups.

I remember that, looking like one of the worst sides we've ever put out and they eased home.

On the current side, you know for sure that we'll probably be cruising a knock out game and looking like winning, only to throw it all away in a heart beat. :D
That series was great, after the Aussies gave Colly so much stick and introduced him as Paul Collingwood MBE every innings and then he just absolutely bossed it, it felt so good to finally win some games!

There's a lot of talented young players around at the minute so hopefully they'll give us a decent showing and build for the future

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Every time we play England manage to find new ways to dissapoint. Very impressive

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Mitchell Starc is absolutely brilliant with the white ball. He is not upto that mark in test cricket yet but you can almost guarantee early wicket from him in short format.[DOUBLEPOST=1421380497][/DOUBLEPOST]Also it is wonderful to see Moeen Ali bat. That six was a brilliant shot.

Users who are viewing this thread