India in South Africa

More than the wickets it was the way we bowled and fielded that was pleasing to the eyes! Ganguly jumping up trying to get a hand onto a six or diving in front of second slip (thank god he didn't get his hands on that!), VRV/Sreesanth bending their backs... everyone latching on to their catches! It smelled like South African brand of brave cricket!!

wow never expected this, great bowling performance by the Indians, even Kumble the spinner got wickets. i was expecting it the other way around but thanx to Ganguly india put up a decent score good to see him back.

What this also shows is that the South Africans are not that great against good seam bowling as well.
It happened time and again in the ODI series(where they escaped) and now this innings.

Our openers have to make this lead count.

India just need 200 more runs to make an insurmountable total on this pitch.

Three down now... not good bowling (apart from Pollock) but some silly batting (apart from Dravid who got a peach of a delivery).

I just woke up to see this. OH WOW HOLY COW. SA all out for 80 and INDIA WENT PAST 200. OH WOW HOLY COW! Dada back with a gritty 50!

Sreesanth 5 wickets!????! Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Last edited:
Voila!!! WHAT A MATCH THIS IS TURNING OUT TO BE????

19 wickets in the day so far! But India are well in the driver's seat. My gut feeling is anything over 300 is going to be a herculean task to chase on this particular wicket unless something miraculous happens with the pitch.

WELL, Ganguly is back again! He is batting again now! Again, he has to save India, this time from getting all out less than 100! How much can this man take??? He is our hero of this match so far (whatever happens now doesnt matter)

I think Sreesanth should be considered as that 'hero' as well, don't you? VVS 'the Devious' Laxman and Gangly playing some nice shots.

Last edited:
Ganguly is playing very well! It would be great if he would stay not-out again! I think he should get a promotion up the order! And that was a great performance by the bowlers!

Laxman and Ganguly having a partnership of 58 runs at 5.04 runs per over? Wow... Both are batting brilliantly...

How many of you now agree that, GANGULY is truly back in great style???? How much does he need to prove now? I am sure people like Greg Chappell and Rahul Dravid are going to praise him a lot if India win this test match (which looks the best possible option now; my gosh did I say that?)

I am already floating in the sky. When Ganguly comes back, the team spirit comes to the fore, everything falls into place, etc.

Edit: Oh gosh! As I say this, Ganguly is OUT for 25! Still, another valuable knock from the former captain! In this low scoring game, these two knocks are highly valuable!

viral1991 said:
Ganguly is playing very well! It would be great if he would stay not-out again! I think he should get a promotion up the order! And that was a great performance by the bowlers!

Curse you for acting as the ill-luck for Ganguly. You said that, and Ganguly is out now... :p

just joking......

prarara said:
Oh Gosh. Oh well. maybe we can eek out a 200 here?

Not sure if we can reach 200 in the second innings...

I think India now should go for the kill.... They should look to get as much runs as possible. A lead of 300 is now almost there with them. If they can accumulate as much runs as possible, then they can set themselves up well. I think South Africa will find it very tough to chase this target! Sreesanth is in terrific form, and Zaheer is in the form of his life and VRV too is good.

Dhoni's out there now and it looks like he wants to score some quick runs

Now we can afford to gloat. :) But they (the players) need to continue to press on. Whatever happens in the second innings, they should understand that South Africa doesn't topple over twice in the same match with regularity (unlike us. ;P).

sohummisra said:
Now we can afford to gloat. :) But they (the players) need to continue to press on. Whatever happens in the second innings, they should understand that South Africa doesn't topple over twice in the same match with regularity (unlike us. ;P).

But one thing you need to make sure, if India continue to pitch it up int he South African second innings, they can expect a similar challenge in the second innings. May be they might score better, but still its going to be as challenging as it was, and even more when you are faced with a 350+ target (which looks likely with Laxman and Dhoni stayin in

Users who are viewing this thread