Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cricket_god said:
I think this has discussed quite a few times and the simple answer is he took a gamble which did not pay.

Actually it was his lack of willingness to gamble that makes his captaincy poor. He seems more intent on sticking to a set pattern instead of trying out different things while fielding. He doesn't make proper bowling changes and sometimes allows the seamers to bowl very long spells which is also not using them in the right way.

Again, it might be a topic which is closed in your mind, but I personally was addressing sohum mishra's post on why I think Dravid's captaincy is timid and lacks courage regardless of results produced.

Cricket_god

Club Captain
harishankar said:
Actually it was his lack of willingness to gamble that makes his captaincy poor. He seems more intent on sticking to a set pattern instead of trying out different things while fielding. He doesn't make proper bowling changes and sometimes allows the seamers to bowl very long spells which is also not using them in the right way.

Again, it might be a topic which is closed in your mind, but I personally was addressing sohum mishra's post on why I think Dravid's captaincy is timid and lacks courage regardless of results produced.

I Respect your point of view but we have to do withwhat we have got.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I respect your points too. And I agree that maybe I have been ultra-critical of Dravid in a few instances. However, there's no doubt in my mind that he made a few tactical blunders in the India-SA test series which cost them dearly in the end.

Ultimately Dravid has got to improve and become an independent leader which at present he doesn't seem to be. His reliance on Greg Chappell should be limited to merely technical issues, but on strategy he needs to be the ultimate judge.

Cricket_god

Club Captain
This series did throw some new stars which may be the future of infian cricket like dhoni proved he could be able to play on those bouncy tracks our bowling attack was also a huge plus point.

END

Users who are viewing this thread