India tour of Bangladesh, 2022 (3 ODIs, 2 Tests)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
ICC warned Bangers to play more test otherwise their test status will be
Removes
❤️BD starts home & overseas tours
better than before.
Utter rubbish. Nothing like this has happened!

Guys can we not talk about KL Rahul's personal life or bring anything related to his family or anything.

We can go on and on about his cricketing skills and how he has or not done well but bringing all the personal stuff or linking to it is just something that should be avoided.
I don't think anyone is maligning his image here. KL is bound to be rested in Jan Feb owing to his wedding. The fact though remains that he is woefully out of form, isn't worthy of captaincy and should not be allowed to waltz back into the side post his wedding. I believe this is the fact that some members(including me) are alluding to.

B

Bigby Wolf

I feel like when Dhoni retired from cricket - he took Ashwin with him. Rarely do I see him get the games that he used to play. At one point he was an all format guarntee spinner plus with his genuine batting down the order he seemed like a safe bet

I would argue tho that he is more of a 3rd/4th innings India specalist for India in Asia.

His average in India is mind blowing - and that too with over 300 wickets in 50 odd matches:

View attachment 274026
Plus, look at his bowling average in the 3rd/4th innings - but that is what you would expect from a spinner:

View attachment 274027
Numbers sometime don't reveal the whole story.

His performance in the last Australian series in the absence of many senior players was remarkable.

The way he setup Steve Smith and got him out 3 times atleast in that series was truly great to watch.Not to forget the his heroics with the bat the SCG to save the tests too.

South Africa and Australia are two places where most of the subcontinental spinners struggle pretty badly.

But credits due where its due Ashwin has really improved in the overseas tour compared to his starting years.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Utter rubbish. Nothing like this has happened!

I don't think anyone is maligning his image here. KL is bound to be rested in Jan Feb owing to his wedding. The fact though remains that he is woefully out of form, isn't worthy of captaincy and should not be allowed to waltz back into the side post his wedding. I believe this is the fact that some members(including me) are alluding to.

The issue is all the talk of his wedding in the first place, I don’t remember any player receiving this sort of attention and most certainly not with all this negative connotations being implied. I may not have made such posts but I’m equally guilty of reacting to such talk previously and I think this forum as a whole and the members here are better than that.

I get that he’s an easy target owing to the backing he receives from the higher-ups, his own attitude in general and his current lack of form but again… I’m not sure it’s fair to talk of his ‘off the field’ activities when they aren’t unprofessional ones that are going to derail his at present struggling career.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The issue is all the talk of his wedding in the first place, I don’t remember any player receiving this sort of attention and most certainly not with all this negative connotations being implied. I may not have made such posts but I’m equally guilty of reacting to such talk previously and I think this forum as a whole and the members here are better than that.

I get that he’s an easy target owing to the backing he receives from the higher-ups, his own attitude in general and his current lack of form but again… I’m not sure it’s fair to talk of his ‘off the field’ activities when they aren’t unprofessional ones that are going to derail his at present struggling career.

50 tests almost and averaging close to 35.. Sorry, I don't care who you are but at 30, you're supposed to be calling the game as India test skipper.

He deserves to be dropped or at least not be captain!

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
50 tests almost and averaging close to 35.. Sorry, I don't care who you are but at 30, you're supposed to be calling the game as India test skipper.

I’m fine with him being dropped though… not sure where I said he deserves to be in the team at the moment. I hate the idea of him as captain of any team let alone the national team as I’ve said several times too. :p

Gurukirat

School Cricketer

Presently we not have option for Captaincy job whenever Rohit not available so rahul is okayed as red ball captain

Pandya likely to lead india for T20I vs Lanka while Rohit will lead india for ODI leg starting on Jan 10, 2023

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Presently we not have option for Captaincy job whenever Rohit not available so rahul is okayed as red ball captain

Pandya likely to lead india for T20I vs Lanka while Rohit will lead india for ODI leg starting on Jan 10, 2023

R Ashwin, Shreyas Iyer or even Rahane can be brought back!

We have a few options tbh. Rahul literally let the game drift. His lack of experience showed clearly and was unable to take proper decisions when it mattered the most.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Ashwin & Pujara both deserve the armband far more than him. Indian cricket these days is run like a university team.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Those were the days when a captain used to emerge from domestic circuit.

These are the days when a captain learns art of captaincy while captaining the team in international arena.

:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread