India v Australia Overkill

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I've grown tired of the whole India v Australia thing, 5 Test tours to India in 12yrs has totally killed it for me.

Then there are the meaningless ODI series as well, the horse has well and truly been flogged to death as far as Australian tours to India go.

Contrast this with one Australian tour of Pakistan during the same period and you can see there is a massive imbalance.

As for the security issues involved in a tour to Pakistan, those same issues are present in India, albeit to a lesser degree. And the fact a WAR has been going on in Sri Lanka for decades now has never bothered anyone.

I enjoy Australia-India more than India-Pakistan :) < (i hate actually)

And Pakistan is no safe country because Bomb Blast Happens every now and then, yes i agree their have been many in Delhi -Guwahati, Government and Anti Terrorist Organ. of India are at it's best to stop and trace the present terrorist here..

No one or very less will believe the above fact, if in India you will know better

Zmario Hi!!! :rolleyes:

Overkill??? I have been enjoying it a lot! When both sides have good intensity and play with lot of passion, the cricket will always be good. I have never felt the intensity when Pakistan plays India these days.

India-Australia is very good these days in the quality of the cricket. And once they play more on lively and sporting pitches, the contest is very tough to beat in terms of quality (England-Australia are more of the traditional rivalry which obviously has more attraction attached to it).

Does Ashes kill it for you guys. Now that you cant beat us its becoming boring for you. :rolleyes:

Is this is boring then you just don't like cricket.

Everyone's allowed an opinion aren't they so shut up. People like different things. I agree, there's been too many tours in such little time.

Last edited:
I agree with him though. I'm sick of seeing India play the same sides over and over again. Australia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa. When was the last time we played the Kiwis? And the Windies series was great, but ages ago. I'm looking forward to England though.

Also, these series are too crammed together. When one is done, it is straight to the next. One series is being hyped before the other is finished. No space in between to get some good build up going, so excitement. I skipped the whole Ind/SL series cause I couldn't be bothered so soon after the previous tournament.

Well what gets more interesting that the Aussies getting beaten? (No offence Aussies, you should take it as a compliment that we rate you that highly)

Leggie added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Everyone's allowed an opinion aren't they so shut up. People like different things. I agree, there's been too many tours in such little time.

You flippin' shut up. That was my opinion, hence you saying everyone is entitled to have their opinion.

You were telling whoever started this thread that they don't like cricket.

Correction: I was telling them that I think that they don't like cricket.

Calm down, boys. Obviously on a forum you will have conflicting views. Please respect other people's views.

I'm on the fence on this one. While this match-up has been enthralling, overkill is exactly what could destroy the contest. For example, if India toured Australia again in the first half of 2009, I'm not sure how good the contest would be.

Another issue here is with the frequency of this series and the obvious conflict/bad blood between the sides, there is no time for the rapport between the teams to simmer down.

I think it's got to be good for the two best sides in the world to play each other as often as possible. India are currently the only team that offer the Aussies a decent series anyway.

I like it but luckily for me its still fresh since I didn't start watching cricket until 2003-4ish but mainly 05 that I was watching intesenly. 04 was the first Indian tour I saw the Aussies do.

I agree that they've played each other a fair few many times. Cut it back to every 2 years though i guess they need to fill a calendar and as the market seems to indicate india v australia is hot property.

Its the only Test series that people actually watch,atleast in India.
If you are talking overkill-its Ind-Pak not Ind-Aus

Users who are viewing this thread