India v England 2008

When the tough gets going Bell gets out. Time to get him out. I really dont think we need a batsman that will get runs when we already have loads on the board, Shah is a real batsman we need to get him in.

Lol. Do kinda agree, He shouldn't have taken the single. But at the end of the day if a wicket was going to fall, it was going to fall. Who knows, maybe if Jimmy got out on the 4th ball and then Mishra would've taken a hattrick -- If the Umpires would let the next two batsmen come in so lat in the day. Its all a blessing in diguise.

Stop having a constant go at World Champions. It's his right to choose who he wants to support. Not his fault he was born in India to presumably Indian parents. The logic that the team one should support must be determined by circumstances out of your hands is quite silly. Yes, most people tend to support the country they're in, but it's his choice. That said, let's not digress from this topic.

Overall, a good day for India. They'd have taken England being 282/6 at the end of the day's play and they're way on top right now. They must really try and finish England off in the morning session tomorrow, and perhaps bat the rest of the day minus 15 overs batting England out of the game. Dhoni is not going to take any risks declaring if England even have a whiff of a win, and so he shouldn't. Whatever the target is, how much ever time is remaining, England will have to go for the win and thus give India a massive chance of a second win in the series.

Lol. Do kinda agree, He shouldn't have taken the single. But at the end of the day if a wicket was going to fall, it was going to fall. Who knows, maybe if Jimmy got out on the 4th ball and then Mishra would've taken a hattrick -- If the Umpires would let the next two batsmen come in so lat in the day. Its all a blessing in diguise.

If a batsman is out in the last over of the day then that is it. Jimmy really should not have taken the single as his job was to protect the other batsman.

Bell is on thin ground now, or at least he should be, but we know how gutless the selectors are at dropping batsmen.

KP and Flintoff did well. We need to at least match India's score by midway through tomorrow. Then bowl them out for <200 and chase a quick total on Tuesday.

KP "I guess the best we can hope for now is a draw"

Series India then...

What???? Why is this guy talking too early? He doesnt believe in miracles. We had a miracle only too recently at Chennai where India chased 387 when no one believed they could. IMO, this is absurd from Pietersen to talk like this. And even if he has resigned himself to a draw, WHY A DRAW??? A draw is going to give him a series loss of 1-0? Its still a series loss. Why not try to look for a win which in the process might give him a 2-0 loss? Whats the difference? Its still a series lost.

India wrested back the game at the end of the day, which I thought was dominated well by England and Pietersen/Flintoff. A see saw day that started in a mini procession and ended in a mini procession. Barring a miracle, India should win this series (either 1-0 or 2-0)

KP "I guess the best we can hope for now is a draw"

Series India then...

Wouldn't take much Pietersen says today seriously, must still be pretty annoyed at him and Flintoff working so hard and then both falling in quick succession before the end of the day.

manee added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Dravid had only played 9 tests since 2000? Wow!

eH, I'm confused.

Wouldn't take much Pietersen says today seriously, must still be pretty annoyed at him and Flintoff working so hard and then both falling in quick succession before the end of the day.

manee added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

eH, I'm confused.

Code:
 Span  	Mat  	Inns  	NO  	Runs  	HS  	Ave  	BF  	SR  	100  	50  	0  	4s  	6s  	
unfiltered 	1996-2008 	131 	226 	26 	10509 	270 	52.54 	25078 	41.90 	26 	53 	7 	1322 	14 	Profile
filtered 	2000-2007 	9 	10 	2 	1665 	270 	208.12 	3178 	52.39 	10 	0 	0 	208 	4

I swear that says he has only played 9 tests?

the day belonged to the Indians . Great Switch hit by KP lucky we saw such a shot in Indian Soil. :eek:

Bowl out English before lunch(or even before) and leave the rest o Sehwag he knows his job :D

I think the return of England team for themselves is proving bad it would have been better if they have Enjoyed the Pre Christmas Holidays. Merry Christmas Guys !! :D

Hoping against hope for this to be another classic.Would be a great way to end 2008.

aditya123 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

We`ve already had a better test match year than the World Champions.

Users who are viewing this thread