India versus Pakistan-has it reached asaturation point ?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
India and Pakistan recently squared off in the Abu Dhabi ODI's.
Do you think that the cricket between the rivals is too much ?
Has it reached the point of saturation ?

I really did not come across many ppl discussing the Indo-Pak games.Most of them were hooked onto the Australia-Bangladesh series.
So please air your views on this.
:cheers

iceman_waugh said:
India and Pakistan recently squared off in the Abu Dhabi ODI's.
Do you think that the cricket between the rivals is too much ?
Has it reached the point of saturation ?

I really did not come across many ppl discussing the Indo-Pak games.Most of them were hooked onto the Australia-Bangladesh series.
So please air your views on this.
:cheers
Yup i agree with u.I think India-Pak should play once in two years like the Ashes then it will be good both for the game and fans. ;)

I totally agree but instead of the ashes...maybe call it the...

PARTITION :D:D:D:D:D

yea...it is currently super-saturated. The contest should be once every two years, if not the public will lose interest.

This is abit of an exaggeration, but everytime I look those two teams are playing against each other. I know its a great rivalry and all, but there are limits and as suggested a series like the Ashes should be introduced to make the fewer matches more meaningful.

I couldn't agree more. When I heard of the 2 ODI series couple of weeks ago, I rolled my eyes back so far it gave me a headache.

Its not a rivalry anymore. With the fans from both countries welcoming each other in a very warm manner and with the countries successfully smoking the peace pipe, the battle on the field is as intense as it was before. Its like a normal match between two cricketing nations.

Yes, there is a certain overkill in the no. of matches played, but I dont expect the tension, pressure of an Indo-Pak match to reach the peak levels that it was some years back!

its a good sign actually, not much pressure/tension out side the playing ground, and a bilateral series once very two years will be good for the game, and financially, for both boards as well.

cricket_lover said:
its a good sign actually, not much pressure/tension out side the playing ground, and a bilateral series once very two years will be good for the game, and financially, for both boards as well.

oh yeah yeah, before, we have heard of people dying because they could not stand their dear ones rooting for the rival nation. there have been instances of deaths because of that! so its better that the pressure has relieved so much off the two nations and the players!

There was no need to play 2 OD after India and Pakistan had played 5 ODI series recently.If atall the matches are to be played so frequently, then maybe such matches should have the veterans members playing for India and Pakistan eleven.

Nah, I want it to be more aggressive, it's too friendly now! I haven't got anything against Pakistanis or anything, but before there used to be real fun and satisfaction beating them. Wasim and Waqar and Shoaib used to be really aggressive and in-your-face. Now with Inzi and Dravid, it's become a bhai-bhai contest, :D. Somebody should stir up some controversy. Did you hear that Inzy chucks?

Maybe the Pakistan VS India could be once every 3 years with 4 tests and 5 ODIs and call it The Dosti-Cup or something, because playing every years I think gets a little boring.

I think the DLF cup was just a one-off series, and definitely not a trend for the future. But the BCCI and PCB should certainly limit their competitions to once in 2-2.5 years. I'd like to see India play other teams more, such as England, West Indies and New Zealand. We haven't played New Zealand since before the last World cup, have we?

As for the DLF cup, it was simply to inaugurate a stadium in Abu Dhabi. And seeing Abu Dhabi is in the UAE, it was only logical to select India and Pakistan to inaugurate the stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread