Indian cricketing public

I saw it at the ODI last year (i forget where it was) but the game was washed out. And the fans started throwing the chairs of the fence thing. It was on a TV show called "An Aussie goes Bolly" where an Aussie fan toured India to watch all the games, funny show!:p

Guss (the aussie guy) "Aww thats so nice of the Indian fans, thier stacking the chairs up for the groundsmen, nice of em'!" lol, in the background you see chairs flyen everywhere.:p
Bangalore, when we were smashing the Indians, and then the game was washed out.

I had been to the India-Australia ODI at Mumbai recently (read : monkey chants).
The first thing that I noted was that the view does not seem to be as bad as I expected while watching on tele.
We were akkowed to take our mobiles inside but no eatables,water bottles were allowed.
There were water dispensers set up at each gate, however but the sheer number of people ensured that getting a glass of water became a herculean task. With some luck, you could possibly get a glass of water in maybe an hour`s waiting time.
The food inside was priced at atrociously high rates.
30.Rs for a Vada Pav is`nt what an average Mumbaikar is used to shelling out ! Pizzas (smaller than a regular sized PizzaHut pizza) were priced at around a 100 bucks !
A 200ml Coke cup was priced at 30 Rs and there were hundreds queing up at each stall. Getting a glass of water or Coke meant that you`ll probably end up missing 5-10 overs of action which I was`nt willing to.

The first session (Australian innings) was a tough one for a North Stand spectator. The sun was beating down right and we were facing the sun directly. Only Murali Karthik`s six wicket haul took our focus back to cricket.
By the time the evening session began, I was exhausted due to dehydration and got a severe headache due to the heat.
The evening session, we hoped would bring in some breeze from the Arabian sea but 45,000 packed into a bowl shaped stadium with no open spaces for some breeze to blow in , we were disappointed.

Having stated all the negatives, it was fun when the Aussies were falling like nine-pins ! Symonds fell first ball. The atmosphere was electric when Sachin was batting and each time he scored a boundary, the crowd erupted.
The Mexican wave worked out superbly well !
Tendulkar waved to our section of the crowd a couple of times when he was right in front of us at mid-off.

The administrators must start allowing water bottles inside because they do not sell water inside as well.
Under the extremely harsh Indian weather, watching cricket in the stadia without getting a drop of water to drink makes it a painful ,experience.

The water situation is quite difficult. Unfortunately there are too many silly elements who get pissed off when India lose and throw their water bottles into the crowd. It would obviously work if the damn cops did their job instead of watching the cricket.

This has probably been said befor, but I personally don't think that India deserve comforts and all simply because they over-react to situations all the time. One little thing kicks off you have ralleys and all with burning dolls and all that.

Now I don't know if you guys do this because you don't have the same comforts as other countries but the behaviour of Indian fans isn't pleasing.

Thats just my personal view point nothing to offend or hurt anyone.

How stupid is that? Because of 1% of the population, you want the remaining 99% of the cricket watching audience to suffer? Thats a very immature comment

What kind of food can you buy at the venues over there? Here its basically just pies, hot chips, hot dogs, chocolate etc etc. Except its like double the price youd pay normally...

Water doesnt exist in stadiums over here:p its mainly good ol' booz and soft drinks...

im just wondering if they allow you to bring fold up chairs to the game. 'Coz im going to the WACA test match. It would be good if we could have fold up chairs.

What kind of food can you buy at the venues over there? Here its basically just pies, hot chips, hot dogs, chocolate etc etc. Except its like double the price youd pay normally...

Water doesnt exist in stadiums over here:p its mainly good ol' booz and soft drinks...

Watch Aussie Goes Bolly. I can tell you, it's none of the stuff in there. No booze, no pies, no chips. It's all Indian food.

im just wondering if they allow you to bring fold up chairs to the game. 'Coz im going to the WACA test match. It would be good if we could have fold up chairs.

YOu should be able to on the hill. But definately not in the stands.

Last edited:
Watch Aussie Goes Bolly. I can tell you, it's none of the stuff in there. No booze, no pies, no chips. It's all Indian food.

YOu should be able to on the hill. But definately not in the stands.

yeah we are sitting on the grass banks so we should be able too. Its like ment to be like 35+ on the day

The water situation is quite difficult. Unfortunately there are too many silly elements who get pissed off when India lose and throw their water bottles into the crowd. It would obviously work if the damn cops did their job instead of watching the cricket.

Yeah if those damm cops watch the audience then i dont think anyone will even squeak considering the reutation they have.

Indian fast food item rule the menu. Every state has its own local dishes which are popular but SAMOSA and PETTY will be found everywhere. Icecreams and icecandy are also common. Best way to drain spectators pocket is by Cold drinks and Mineral water. They are prices 50% higher than normal price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread