Indian Premier League 2009

Hmmm forgot the tournament was in SA, will have to change my bowlers to more quick orientated. How many matches are KP and Flintoff missing?
They will play only 4-5 matches.

I think it's better to remove Manpreet Gony and include Zaheer Khan.

And I've changed my team again. :rolleyes: Now I've left out Smith and Dhoni. Steyn isn't even in my team.

Also there warm-up matches has been played. Cricinfo doesn't show them. Can somebody show me a link of the results of these matches?

Last edited:
The king has registered. :p

This time Watson and Yusuf will not spoil my party. :happy

Now I feel like to completely file the South African team as my team. Gibbs has been performing well, but I feel his team Deccan Chargers, especially their bowlers, will let them down.

Kind of weird choosing players for such a long series. Especially with players leaving early and the unknown form of players who have not been playing recently.

The few teams I've checked seem to have quite a few from my side. Y Pathan will be one of my impact players, along with McCullum, Khan and Ryder.

This is my team:

Batsman 1 Gautam Gambhir (+) (Delhi Daredevils)
Batsman 2 Sanath Jayasuriya (+) (Mumbai Indians)
Batsman 3 Virender Sehwag (Delhi Daredevils)
Batsman 4 Matthew Hayden (+) (Chennai Super Kings)
Batsman 5 Suresh Raina (Chennai Super Kings)
Wicket Keeper Adam Gilchrist (+) (Deccan Chargers)
All-Rounder 1 Sachin Tendulkar (Mumbai Indians)
All-Rounder 2 Yusuf Pathan (Rajasthan Royals)
Bowler 1 Albie Morkel (c) (Chennai Super Kings)
Bowler 2 Tyron Henderson (Rajasthan Royals)
Bowler 3 Shane Warne (Rajasthan Royals)
Bowler 4 None Selected

This were the players I substited during about 10 times changing my team, before I came up with my final team shown above:
Jessy Ryder, Dale Steyn, Herschelle Gibbs, AB de Villiers, Brendon McCullum, Ajantha Mendis, Shikhar Dhawan, Jean-Paul Duminy, Graeme Smith, Shane Watson, MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Irfan Pathan

I could make practically a reserve team out of it. For the fun I'll write it here then:

Graeme Smith (+)
Herschelle Gibbs (+)
AB de Villiers (+)
Jean-Paul Duminy
MS Dhoni
Brendon McCullum (+)
Yuvraj Singh (c)
Jessy Ryder
Irfan Pathan
Dale Steyn
Ajantha Mendis

I actually have a big problem already, because my captain Albie Morkel isn't even playing. Maybe is has to do something with the fact that South Africa played an ODI yesterday against Australia. But then again Duminy is actually playing for Mumbai.

Nice team zexy, even I'm disappointed at Morkel not playing. Chennai are actually playing with only 3 internationals.

Gony doing well so far. 2 wickets, and Duminy's gone. Sachin is looking solid though.

Chennai are actually playing with 4 internationals currently: Hayden, Flintoff (who just got smacked for 22 runs in one over), Thushara (he is Sri Lankan) and Oram.

^ why would you take Mendis? other then that you had a pretty good XI

Mendis isn't in my team. He is in my reserve team, which doesn't even count. I wanted fo fix in Yuvraj Singh somewhere, but I eventually chose Raina, because he bats higher and he recently hit 70 runs in a warm-up match.

Also I've noticed you've kept some faith in some players from Bangladesh, by selecting Ashraful and Mortaza.

Users who are viewing this thread