Indian Premier League PC Style

Ah great our second win Much happy with the bowlers this time Ojha held it tight through out, but it was our openers who started the great run.

Round 4

Delhi Destroyers v Kolkata Crusaders at Delhi (P)
Injuries:
DD: Ramesh Powar (1 match) and Lasith Malinga (1 match)
KC: Shikhar Dhawan (1 match)

Bengaluru Brave Brats v Mumbai Mirchis at Bengaluru (P)
Injuries:
BB: None
MM: David Hussey (1 match) and Jaidev Unadkat (2 matches)

Punjab Lions v Hyderabad Hulks at Mohali (N)
Injuries:
PL: Gautam Gambhir (2 matches)
HH: Yuvraj Singh (2 matches)

Chennai Cyborgs v Jaipur Jaguars at Chennai (N)
Injuries:
CC: None
JJ: Abhinav Mukund (2 matches)

---

Please post the lineups here. Standings have been updated on first post. Stats are below, thanks.

XYFSq.jpg

OalwV.jpg

8lNao.jpg

FsNHU.jpg

qVZR7.jpg

LR583.jpg

qskyW.jpg

nxdpO.jpg

YjFj8.jpg

1.Tillakaratne Dilshan
2.Rohit Sharma
3.Michael Clarke (c)
4.MS Dhoni (wk)
5.Venugopal Rao
6.Irfan Pathan ^
7.Daniel Vettori ^
8.Harbhajan Singh ^
9.Amit Mishra ^
10.Morne Morkel ^
11.Umesh Yadav ^

That performance was nothing but :facepalm I really can't understand why Shami Ahmed bowls that way on a poor track after making a good impression on his debut in RL. Even a part time bowler would bowl better than him. With two of our main bowlers injured I just can't see anything happening for us. Kallis hasn't been doing any good either.

1. Mahela Jayawardene

2. Virender Sehwag
3. Jacques Kallis ^
4. Jonathan Trott
5. Cheteshwar Pujara
6. Dinesh Karthik +
7. Sridharan Sriram ^
8. Laxmi Shukla ^
9. Shadab Zakati ^
10. Dhawal Kulkarni ^
11. James Anderson ^

Shabby bowling performance! Shabby! And at that point I was thinking, :facepalm We are never chasing that mammoth total. Not a cat in hells chance. But the pitch was a batting haven and we would have to have a pop nevertheless. We weren't really batting sufficiently and the run rate was climbing, and to add to that we lost the captain Sanga. But a short while after then, Amla and Sachin began hitting out like there was no tommorow! Imperious partnership between two imperious players. Tendulkar back on form, and in style. And when the partnership was broken, did we sit back? No we did not! Badrinath and Yusuf both successively picked up where Sachin had left off. And the last over was a nail-biter, but Amla scampered home in the nick of time to clinch a massive victory!

It was a good game but we didn't put in the effort in the end and the better team won. Hashim Amla was too good for us, he kept on going. Well played both teams. :thumbs

Great batting this tournament, but are bowling has been below par.

For next game:
Jaipur: Badvintage to make changes if he likes....

Mohammad Hafeez :bwl:
Ajinkya Rahane
Virat Kohli :bwl: :c:
AB De Villiers :wk:
Kevin Pietersen :bwl:
Ambati Rayudu
Bharat Chipli
Rahul Sharma :bwl:
Harmeet Singh :bwl:
Umar Gul :bwl:
Laxmi Balaji :bwl:

Last edited:
David Hussey's injury is a bit untimely as it would have been very handy to have him as an all-round spinner. Good to have Morgan back though I guess, that can bolster our line-up a little bit. Wanted to attack with predominantly spin but I don't trust Sachin after last season so I'll bring Nayar in. Dipak to amend if he needs to.
Amla
Sanga (c)
Tendulkar
Badrinath
Morgan
Pathan^
Ojha (wk)
Nayar^
Chawla^
Swann^
Khan^

Brendon McCullum (c) (WK) :os: