icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Kochi change their name again :p

Its now called ' Kochi Tuskers Kerala'

I honestly do not see them staying in the IPL for a longer duration. Maybe they'll play a season or two before selling off the team totally.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I honestly do not see them staying in the IPL for a longer duration. Maybe they'll play a season or two before selling off the team totally.
This. Their management sucks to the core.

And after hearing the new name, I feel that the old one was rather good. :p

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Regarding captaincy, I feel Deccan should go with Cameron White, not with Sangakkara, keeping Victorian Bushrangers' KFC T20 Big Bash record in mind. He produced big big results as a captain! He should lead Deccan IMO!

And when it comes to Bengaluru, I feel Virat should be given a chance now. Its apt time for him to lead a side, inorder to be a perfect Indian captain in future!

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
White is not well-known in India plus he isn't really a certainty as just 4 overseas players are allowed. Sangakkare being a WK will probably play every match, thus choosing him is the best possible option.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I think it's a call between Kohli, de Villiers and Vettori. I personally feel that Vettori doesn't stand a good chance as he won't even be a certainty in the XI.

I will be happy if AB is named as the skipper.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
You usually don't see bowlers being appointed as a skipper in India, but keeping in mind that RCB had appointed Kumble, I won't be surprised they do that again.

And we shouldn't forget that Zaheer is the unofficial vice captain of India. While fielding, most of the field and bowling changes are decided by Zaheer and Dhoni.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, actually he should be appointed the official vice-captain. Sehwag is not keen on taking the top job, so it can go to him.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Sehwag is always of the view that he shouldn't be the vice-captain but Gambhir should be. I feel he is right in saying so. It's pretty obvious that he'll be retiring before Dhoni, so why not groom a young player like Gambhir.

Kohli would have also been a good choice but he is still in his early days.

The only way Sehwag can be a captain in his career is that if India lose in the QFs and the angry fans force the selectors to sack Dhoni as the captain! :p

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni could go if we exit in the QF. There is a very strong possibility of that happening.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
White is not well-known in India plus he isn't really a certainty as just 4 overseas players are allowed. Sangakkare being a WK will probably play every match, thus choosing him is the best possible option.
I'm anyways confused on whom to support. If at all Sanga will lead DC, I won't be supporting 'em, despite of the fact being that I love White, Steyn, JP and Hyderabad (Deccan) is my place.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Where is Zaheer Khan ? DCH ? If yes, make him the captain.

Btw, whats wrong with Sangakarra as captain ? I'd rather have him than Jayawardena as skipper.

Users who are viewing this thread