Injuries

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
So here's what happened. At the start of the season on ICC2006, I had Matt Wood out for 4 weeks. Then, Hildreth gets to 28 in the opening FC game and manages to get injured for 10 weeks. Now that is normally enough to annoy me for the whole season, but it got worse.

Blackwell missed 4 weeks and then came Aaron Laraman. He'd just taken 9 wickets in a FC match as well as a century, when he was out for 3 weeks. He then comes back and just as I'm working out how to fit him into my Twenty20 team, he manages to get the same injury again, again for 3 weeks, only days after recovering. To top this all off, Carl Gazzard, after scoring a FC ton, a couple of one day 50's opening and then a match winning 40 in a Twenty20 game, he gets injured for 4 weeks.

Now my question, has anything like this happened to anyone else? I must have played a lot of seasons on this game in the last 3 years but seen nothing like this, maybe the odd longterm injury but not this many players. The worst bit is that I haven't even finished the Twenty20 group games, so it could get even worse!

Lol, harsh times. I haven't struggled with injuries quite as much as you have, but I do remember once having every single one of my pure bowlers out injured for Lancashire.

I can remember on season way back on 2001 where I had one player who was out until mid August from the start of the season, and at some points had four others injured. Pre England contracts too, so I had a squad of 18. I ended up getting youth players to fill places in my side on England selections. It was hell.

Yeah, the one 'good' thing is that a Youth player has done well when he may not have played, but I don't think I've had a chance to name what I feel is my strongest CC team yet which is annoying, when you're trying to get promoted at the first opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread