Your Cricket Injuries...

One big injury over a 10 year period...

Hurt my shoulder somehow one year trying to throw the ball. I think I must have thrown the ball too hard or got in a bad position because it felt like fire. I was 10. That stuck around for years, then I started playing rugby league at 16. Went to make a tackle, grabbed the guys shirt and that same shoulder was re-injured when it got dragged back behind me tearing and straining muscles and ligaments. Got physiotherapy on it but it never healed properly with constant pain.

About 6 years later, I was in a chef's competition, slipped and then finally popped my shoulder out the back i.e. my shoulder was now part of my back. Managed to get it back in at the hospital and took 16 days off work. Went back to work but it just kept popping out. Tried physiotherapy for about 2 months but that did nothing.

Went to see the surgeon, told me I had suffered a posterior subluxation of my right shoulder and it needed a reconstruction. There are two types of dislocation - posterior and anterior. Unfortunately for me I was in the former. 95% of dislocations are anterior and just 5% are posterior. Went and had the surgery, was off work for 12 months with my arm in a sling for 4 months. Had a sachet of "painbusters" which were cylinders full of morphine attached to a tube into my shoulder for 4 weeks. Had physiotherapy ever since then (about 5 years) and lost 8% of usage in my right arm. Constant arthritis also. Thanks very much. Still, I managed to get $10000 out of it because it happened in a work sponsored event and the 12 months off was pretty nice... And I'm not dead.

I never had nay major injury till now. Had a back spasm. I could walk alright but if i try to bend a little, it hurt like hell. Had to stop playing cricket for about a week.

I got a really painful blow while keeping. Got hit in the Adam's apple while keeping up to the stumps. Ball just jumped from the good length:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread