Your Cricket Injuries...

shubhrayu

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well...I've not been into cricket regularly this season.But two and a half weeks ago..I was into the school games...And while fielding practice I fractured my left hand's little finger....Well that ruined all the fun lying ahead...

What kind of injuries you've been through!?

Lots of bruises from getting hit whilst bating, also numerous sore fingers, nothing major though.

Done an ankle, cracked a thumb and popped a few fingers. But nothing else....

Ankle Injuries Most of the time even now

AshesXII added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

and i lost my nail of my middle finger while trying to make a batsman runout when i went to india

Mostly broken fingers, though am basically out of the whole of pre-season training as my petula tendon in my knee is buggered :(

Whilst batting in the nets, I got a nasty bouncer which I was initially going to leave because it was outside off stump, but it jagged in sharply, I tried to fend it off, but it caught that bony part of the wrist. Got a hairline fracture and was out for the rest of the season. :(

I got carpel tunnel from playing ac09 too much :D

On a more serious note, worst real injury was sliding to pick up the ball and having my skin scraped off by the poor quality field. Could not sit on my bum for a week or two!

Some bruises and stepping on little stones, that's all.

Last June I was desperately running to reach the strikers end, I was not out but my bat's upper grip (there was an extra inch of grip sticking out from the bat's top) violently hit my thigh and it took about 2 weeks for it to recover.

I've had a lot of muscle injuries over the last few years. Last year at nationals i done my lower back. Ive always had hamstring and and quadracept problems too.
At the start of this season i done strained both quads in 2 weeks but theyre finally getting better.... I guess im just injury prone :(

i was at the non strikers, we took a lazy single to fine leg and the fielders sent in a bullet thats whacked me on the wrist, really bad bad swelling/bruising as a result

Wouldn't call this an injury because all it was a bruise. Just like to say as a bowler, a straight drive doesn't look as harmful as it does after it hits you!

iv torn the muscle just above my ankle from fast bowling, which is y i do spin now.

Users who are viewing this thread