Inter-Country Domestic Championships

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Upon the advent of the IPL Draft, I got thinking about the Champions T20 League which will result in October with the winners from Australia, India, England and South Africa. I am interested to hear what you planetcricket members think of a hypothetical expansion of Inter-Country Domestic Championships to FC and 50 over cricket.

Personally, I would enjoy watching Delhi take on the mighty Sussex in a four day clash. However, the role of overseas players may cause some complication. Although Sussex batted very well in the 2007 County Championship, they were very reliant on Mushtaq Ahmed (IIRC) to bowl all their overs and take pretty much all their wickets - but that is all off on a tangent.

Your thoughts...

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I would prefer to watch FC and OD cricket in that sort of a format for sure! Would be great to see all kinds of cricket played so we could really see how the players do against each other.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
no Pakistan, ICC shagg yourself, :p kidding.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
That competition would sound very interesting. But for example Phil Jaques plays for NSW and is contracted by a English county so if those two teams would play each other who would he play for? I think they should be made to play for their home domestic teams.

iloveireland

Panel of Selectors
That competition would sound very interesting. But for example Phil Jaques plays for NSW and is contracted by a English county so if those two teams would play each other who would he play for? I think they should be made to play for their home domestic teams.

Nah, whoever payed more for the match would get em.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Isn't something like this happening in rugby? It's certainly a great idea, but should be done in the off season.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Ibut should be done in the off season.
Who's?

England's season runs April thru Sept, then Australia's Oct thru March for example.

I like it as an idea, but let's face it, its very unlikely anything like this would come off. FC cricket doesn't really draw in the crowds, Fitting it in would be a problem and of course there would be the problem already mentioned where players are contracted to play for 2 teams.

Users who are viewing this thread