Intercontinential Cup

cricketmad09

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Are we missing a thread about this? Two matches on at the moment. Namibia getting the better of Ireland in their match.

Would like to see more opinions on associate cricket in their own domain and not so much when they suddenly appear on the ODI radar. However, coverage isn't 100% and the schedule is a bit confusing. Maybe this can just be a permanent sticky.

The ICC now ranks the top non-Test nations to complement the Test nations' rankings.

Latest rankings are:

10 Ireland
12 Netherlands
13 Kenya
14 Afghanistan
15 Scotland
16 Canada
17 United Arab Emirates
18 Namibia
19 Papua New Guinea
20 Hong Kong

With number of Irish and Dutch players now getting exposure in England, I can see these two countries putting pressure on Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

Sad to see Kenya slipping so down but then they have been surrounded by politics and no money problems

The ICC now ranks the top non-Test nations to complement the Test nations' rankings.

Latest rankings are:

10 Ireland
12 Netherlands
13 Kenya
14 Afghanistan
15 Scotland
16 Canada
17 United Arab Emirates
18 Namibia
19 Papua New Guinea
20 Hong Kong

How come 11th rank is missing ? or is it a typo ?

Honestly speaking, information about more and more associate nations should be made available to present day cricket followers if we want cricket to be truly global sport, which it is not.

Starting off the discussion with Ireland:
If only Irish players are not mercilessly poached by ECB, they would have had a much stronger limited overs squad by now. Eoin Morgan is a big loss to them, I would love see him in whites for Ireland, if ever Ireland are given official test status.

I also read somewhere that ECB has also set its sights on lanky pacer Boyd Rankin and impressive teenage spinner, George Dockrell (as a succession plan for Swann). This seems unfair to Irish cricket, who have made their mark in international cricket albeit with sporadic appearances.

Already their most experienced player Trent Jonston is nearing retirement. With Morgan having gone and few more under ECB poach-list, Irish cricket can find it tough to put on a decent XI on the park.

They would be much stronger if
1. they can have Morgan back in their batting line-up
2. Unearth a good fast bowler to bowl in tandem with Rankin.

Of course, we don't live in a ideal world and all this are wishful thinking as of now.

I find international cricket quite boring at times with the same 8 top International teams playing each other ever since I started following cricket as a kid. So I really hope that smaller cricketing nations are given every chance to improve and play international cricket.

How come 11th rank is missing ? or is it a typo ?

Honestly speaking, information about more and more associate nations should be made available to present day cricket followers if we want cricket to be truly global sport, which it is not.

Starting off the discussion with Ireland:
If only Irish players are not mercilessly poached by ECB, they would have had a much stronger limited overs squad by now. Eoin Morgan is a big loss to them, I would love see him in whites for Ireland, if ever Ireland are given official test status.

I also read somewhere that ECB has also set its sights on lanky pacer Boyd Rankin and impressive teenage spinner, George Dockrell (as a succession plan for Swann). This seems unfair to Irish cricket, who have made their mark in international cricket albeit with sporadic appearances.

Already their most experienced player Trent Jonston is nearing retirement. With Morgan having gone and few more under ECB poach-list, Irish cricket can find it tough to put on a decent XI on the park.

They would be much stronger if
1. they can have Morgan back in their batting line-up
2. Unearth a good fast bowler to bowl in tandem with Rankin.

Of course, we don't live in a ideal world and all this are wishful thinking as of now.

I find international cricket quite boring at times with the same 8 top International teams playing each other ever since I started following cricket as a kid. So I really hope that smaller cricketing nations are given every chance to improve and play international cricket.

Yeah its very unfair for Ireland to be weakened due to players preferring playing for England so that they can also play tests.Its even more unfair that the ICC haven't given Ireland test status.Till now they have performed 10-15 times better than Bangladesh before they got test status.Ireland beat Pakistan comprehensively in the 2007 world cup and beat England in 2011 by chasing the highest wc run-chase ever chasing 327 when they were 111-5 and Kevin O'Brien scored that fastest hundred.They should have given Ireland test status by now.

Here are the 2011 ICC Global Associate/Affliate rankings:-
11-Ireland
12-Netherlands
13-Kenya
14-Afghanistan
15-Scotland
16-Canada
17-UAE
18-Namibia
19-Papua New Guinea
20-Hong Kong
21-Uganda