International Cricket Captain III for PSP. Help

TangoCharlie

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

Im addicted big-time to ICC3 on my PSP. My girlfriend thinks Im nuts as Im always playing/watching it! Every over is studied!

Im on my first season playing as Essex.

I find it very hard to win a T20 game (and Pro40) as it takes time to settle your player but, as we all know, you have to score at least six an over!! How do you win at T20?

Does it get easier? Will my players improve the more I play them? Will next season be a bit easier?

Its such a great game, has all the parameters of cricket and lately Ive taken to watching every ball rather than every over!!!

Its sooo adictive!

Any other PSP players and please, I need some tips!

Thanx
Tc

Don't waste time settling your players TC, just go all out attack. I always make my home pitches batsman for T20s as bowling is easier than batting in the game. Don't waste defensive players in your top 4, they don't have to be openers. I have had a lot of success in T20 with Middlesex and the things I always do are:

Batsman friendly conditions.
Two spinners, preferably high quality.
Top 4 should all be aggressive, ideally very aggressive.
All batsman should be set on a rating of 6 minimum, I normally do 7.

Relax with the T20 competitions, I've found my "Couldn't care less whether I get success or not" attitude has worked the best. I often rest my best batsman and try some youths, as long as they have some kind of decent form (3 stars or above).

Thanx for the tips Sureshot.
One thing I cant fatham, why not keep bowlers aggresion up to the max? Is there ever a time for defensive bowling in any game? And can you still get wickets by setting the aggression bar right down?

Tc

i start it off with all but 2 bars full then progress once they settle but then again i have a gud 2nd season top 5:

LAW
LOYE
AFRIDI
FREDDIE
HODGE

:happy

Thanx for the tips Sureshot.
One thing I cant fatham, why not keep bowlers aggresion up to the max? Is there ever a time for defensive bowling in any game? And can you still get wickets by setting the aggression bar right down?

Tc

I leave the aggression on 3 bars for bowlers in either of the shorter formats. In T20 the opposition batsman are more aggressive anyway so that will increase your chance of getting wickets. Increasing the bowlers aggression to the maximum will mean the bowler has a higher likelihood of spraying it around.

in my australia game in odi's i open with hayden and hussey and i start on very aggresive(2 bars from last one) and they do great. if one gets out jacques comes in and continues the greatness. jacques is averaging 70 odd in odi's so far, hayden 65 and hussey 80

Talking of batting aggression. I have done a test at playing T20, I pushed up all the batters aggression levels to the max. One player reveled in it and scored a hundred not out!!
So Im guessing some players need to be set higher than others.

Ive played other gams too and pushed up his aggression and he's never let me down yet!!
The funny thing is, I know I'll be sitting in the stands at Essex on Sunday and shouting to anyone, that guy coming in is great!! And he'll get out for a duck!!! I must remember ICC is just a game and not real!!!

Tc

Last edited:
I've just used him in a one dayer and he scored 36 off 26 balls in 23 mins!

In reality, yesterday he got just 2 off 4 balls and bowled out! LOL

can you give me a decent bowler? I'm using Tudor and Kaneria. Kaneria is really out of form lately, Philips is even bowling better!

Tc

Tudor is gun in my opinion

Kaneria isn't worth the money though.

is ICC III squads mush different to ICC 06? I only played the demo for ICC III.

Users who are viewing this thread