Introductions

I was going to mention, when I left Australia (2007) we/they/them (Crises of identity) thrashed England in the Ashes series now I hate thrashings no entertainment value, I did try to watch the soccer last night but... Anyway, I remember watching the Commonwealth bank series that year the third team being the Kiwis. What struck me about England was the way they came from loosing so badly to beating Australia at the SCG in the final, very plucky. I have made some comments about football (here on this site) which was mean't in banter (sorry) so, which team do you follow I feel I would like to get into it more as my husband is a Luton Town supporter (is this a good thing). It does seem when he is home they loose and when away they win??? A male friend took me to see Arsenal yes again another thrashing against Sheffield United.

Very glad to see the wife gets her time although I don't watch soaps but very much into game of thrones. My husband likes documentaries on rocks and stuff about the earth, he's a geologist so a bit of a bus mans past time. I have meet a lot of men who aren't into sports times are changing as many girls are liking football and, Rugby Union which is very dominant here. I do feel England are moving in the right direction in terms of both men and women but it's that plucky nature I love about the England Cricket team, I don't feel globally one team should dominate as it keeps things interesting.

Re: football, if you don't like a sport, you don't like it. Admire you trying to get into it though. I support my local team, Birmingham City an average Championship side (2nd flight of football). I am old fashioned and believe people should always support their local, though definition of local side hard to define sometimes. I imagine your hubbie does support his local side as Luton Town of in the bottom league of professional football (League 2). You are never going to see a high class off football I am afraid but when it's your local side that doesn't matter.

I agree about more men not liking sport, hardly any at my workplace do - it's some motor sport or nothing :(

We watched one episode of GoT before deciding not for us, just not our thing. Definitely into eating/cooking and watch all the reality programs such as Great British Bake Off and Masterchef etc.

Did you watch any of the Women's Super League T20 last year. ECB are trying to promote women's game, I believe it's 20 and 50 overs this year? This can only help participation in England as some big names from Oz and round the world are in attendance. 6 franchises as opposed to the county format as well. This would serve the professional men's game better I feel also[DOUBLEPOST=1483867055][/DOUBLEPOST]
How many?

I remember one woman in the forums around a few years ago :P

!

I remember sister of previous owner posted here , sandy I think her name was. Sure there was someone when I first joined over 10 years ago. And um, yes now Cas so 3 in total :p

Sure there have been more , just never knew about them!

Re: football, if you don't like a sport, you don't like it. Admire you trying to get into it though. I support my local team, Birmingham City an average Championship side (2nd flight of football). I am old fashioned and believe people should always support their local, though definition of local side hard to define sometimes. I imagine your hubbie does support his local side as Luton Town of in the bottom league of professional football (League 2). You are never going to see a high class off football I am afraid but when it's your local side that doesn't matter.

I agree about more men not liking sport, hardly any at my workplace do - it's some motor sport or nothing :(

We watched one episode of GoT before deciding not for us, just not our thing. Definitely into eating/cooking and watch all the reality programs such as Great British Bake Off and Masterchef etc.

Did you watch any of the Women's Super League T20 last year. ECB are trying to promote women's game, I believe it's 20 and 50 overs this year? This can only help participation in England as some big names from Oz and round the world are in attendance. 6 franchises as opposed to the county format as well. This would serve the professional men's game better I feel also[DOUBLEPOST=1483867055][/DOUBLEPOST]

I remember sister of previous owner posted here , sandy I think her name was. Sure there was someone when I first joined over 10 years ago. And um, yes now Cas so 3 in total :p

Sure there have been more , just never knew about them!

I think the football thing is more stubbornness than disliking, I will always give things a go besides it's something to watch on the box (sometimes). Now secretly thinking how many Brits I can get to like Australian rules? I will keep an eye open for Brirmingham City results, I do agree about local didn't have a choice in Perth except when it came to West Coast and them, okay, Freemantle.

Motor sport... Hmmmn? Do like MotoGP, Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi (wow) please excuse the knees going week... And back in the room!

Game of thrones took me four episodes to get into it we borrowed series one and two and then had to find series three currently on four although we have to wait to continue due to my husbands work commitments.

I didn't get a chance to see the Cricket this is all on sky so maybe they should put it on free to air to gain more coverage. And yes there is a fifty over competition coming this year I am lead to believe it will be a separate competition which will be good. I have just found out the County Championships is now down to eight teams (ten in second division) looks like it's turning into the Sheffield Shield type competition guess they are reducing county games so they can fit in more T20 a bit of a shame.

I didn't get a chance to see the Cricket this is all on sky so maybe they should put it on free to air to gain more coverage.
I believe Channel 4 airs cricket as well

I think the football thing is more stubbornness than disliking, I will always give things a go besides it's something to watch on the box (sometimes). Now secretly thinking how many Brits I can get to like Australian rules? I will keep an eye open for Brirmingham City results, I do agree about local didn't have a choice in Perth except when it came to West Coast and them, okay, Freemantle.

Motor sport... Hmmmn? Do like MotoGP, Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi (wow) please excuse the knees going week... And back in the room!

Game of thrones took me four episodes to get into it we borrowed series one and two and then had to find series three currently on four although we have to wait to continue due to my husbands work commitments.

I didn't get a chance to see the Cricket this is all on sky so maybe they should put it on free to air to gain more coverage. And yes there is a fifty over competition coming this year I am lead to believe it will be a separate competition which will be good. I have just found out the County Championships is now down to eight teams (ten in second division) looks like it's turning into the Sheffield Shield type competition guess they are reducing county games so they can fit in more T20 a bit of a shame.

Rossi is the only MotoGP cyclist I know :)

Aussie Rules I just cannot get into. Watched it numerous times but I just see it as a poor mans football/rugby ( it's clear I don't understand the game!). Maybe understanding the rules would help but accept I just have offended all our antipodean friends here

Unfortunately they need to reduce amount of county games as no one is watching them. No one has time anymore which is why T20 is so popular here. It is a shame but rather have more shorter format than no cricket at all. I would rather the 18 counties dissolved into 8 or so franchises and be like Shield cricket but that's a discussion for another thread

Well hope you are enjoying your time here at PC, and not been scared off too much yet!

Welcome to Planet cricket forum. It is a good place to talk about Cricket. We all are cricket fans and enjoy each others' company here. I hope you will also enjoy your stay with us.

Welcome to Planet cricket forum. It is a good place to talk about Cricket. We all are cricket fans and enjoy each others' company here. I hope you will also enjoy your stay with us.
Many thanks, its been fun with many different people from around the world asking and telling me their unique experience. I hope we can chat soon.

Best wishes, Caz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rossi is the only MotoGP cyclist I know :)

Aussie Rules I just cannot get into. Watched it numerous times but I just see it as a poor mans football/rugby ( it's clear I don't understand the game!). Maybe understanding the rules would help but accept I just have offended all our antipodean friends here

Unfortunately they need to reduce amount of county games as no one is watching them. No one has time anymore which is why T20 is so popular here. It is a shame but rather have more shorter format than no cricket at all. I would rather the 18 counties dissolved into 8 or so franchises and be like Shield cricket but that's a discussion for another thread

Well hope you are enjoying your time here at PC, and not been scared off too much yet!

It has been fun many of the chaps have been great sports not too sure some are accepting that a young women can be interested in Cricket so excuse the immature statement, doh, let's look at the England girls, now there's some lovely girls there (not as good as me) but they have a huge interest in their vocation and, the game is the most racially diverse per cash injection (may have made that up). But it is watched by so many people, football is just bigger with better marketing and appeals because it is easier to stage for the average person (one ball and two jumpers, my Dad tells me that was a comedy moment at some point).

Yes the County game needs some thought so we shall look forward to debating that probably when the season starts or we get some news. I'm not insulted by the AFL thing not everyones favourite doughnut filling. Any chance you can explain the kitten joke I will dye my hair blonde but can't promise.

Best wishes, Cas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no I hate explaining (my obviously failed) jokes but as you asked so nicely...

I was attempting to make out that the main topic of the thread was about kittens, so as he was posting his usual with alberts I was asking why he was posting off topic, and could it stop etc

So my joke = :epic fail: :)

Oh no I hate explaining (my obviously failed) jokes but as you asked so nicely...

I was attempting to make out that the main topic of the thread was about kittens, so as he was posting his usual with alberts I was asking why he was posting off topic, and could it stop etc

So my joke = :epic fail: :)

Oh I see (sorry) guess I can cancel blonde moment number eight, I interjected the hot air with kittens as it seemed to drag on.. Yawn!!!

I have been told to post this by a friend of mine; Newsflash, Police are attempting to locate a man who has broken into the St Andrews Trophy room and escaped with the whole contents - please be on the lookout for a man with a big roll of carpet under his arm.

As they say don't shoot the messenger, Best wishes, Caz.

Oh I see (sorry) guess I can cancel blonde moment number eight, I interjected the hot air with kittens as it seemed to drag on.. Yawn!!!

I have been told to post this by a friend of mine; Newsflash, Police are attempting to locate a man who has broken into the St Andrews Trophy room and escaped with the whole contents - please be on the lookout for a man with a big roll of carpet under his arm.

As they say don't shoot the messenger, Best wishes, Caz.

Lol are you a closet Villa fan? (may need to Google that). I think there may be hope for you as a footie fan as a Hatter (Google that too!)
Blues are indeed a crap underachieving team, I am off to drown my sorrows :p

Lol are you a closet Villa fan? (may need to Google that). I think there may be hope for you as a footie fan as a Hatter (Google that too!)
Blues are indeed a crap underachieving team, I am off to drown my sorrows :p

The stuff you read on the internet, just checked out a local thesaurus (for regional dialect) and interestingly there is not a word in the Aston area for achievement let alone success!

The stuff you read on the internet, just checked out a local thesaurus (for regional dialect) and interestingly there is not a word in the Aston area for achievement let alone success!

Lol, that's definitely true.

Anyway, you have an hour to get to Kenilworth Road for big kick off - give hubby some support with the handful of faithful fans...

Lol, that's definitely true.

Anyway, you have an hour to get to Kenilworth Road for big kick off - give hubby some support with the handful of faithful fans...
Ah, today is housework last chance to do it as he comes back from China on Friday, can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread