IPL IPL Player Auction 2011

subversive

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
:lol Symonds/Bhajji in same team with Tendulkar as captain ... only if Ricky Ponting had made it into the team.
The guy retired frm national team bcoz he didn't feel the environment in dressing room was right. Bhajji beter behave himself.

Would've been hilarious had they got Sreesanth as well. Imagine Bhajji, Symmonds, and Sreesanth in the same dressing room :lol

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Insanity in this auction. Lot of it defies logic.

Why did RR have to shell 950K on Botha. Sigh.

I'm tempted to support RCB simply for their intelligent bidding. Or Kochi if they make Sree captain :D

Mumbai scare me. Insanely strong so far.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
IMO Mumbai should have picked Gayle. He is a devastating batsman and can open with Sachin and given that he must have gone for 400K it would have even been pocket friendly

harrisb

International Coach
After waking up to find out that the auction was today, I'm interested to see who the England players go to. So far only KP has been auctioned, and I was surprised to see him go to Deccan.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
IMO Mumbai should have picked Gayle. He is a devastating batsman and can open with Sachin and given that he must have gone for 400K it would have even been pocket friendly

but then gayle would be hated by the rest of the world for not playing for the west indies.

and if people did bid on him, he would have gone over 1mil easy thats how auctions work, take taylor or gilchrist as an example.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Or Punjab could buy Gayle. He and Gilchrist could make things devastating for their opponents.

----------

Delhi have surely wasted money on Irfan. They could've got their hands on Pieterson instead, Or even Gayle.

King Cricket

International Coach
KKR need to bid with caution. We've already spent profligate amounts on Gambhir and Yusuf. Need to save some money for the later stages, or else we'll again end up with a ████ squad having a surfeit of dud players.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Even Sri Lankan and English players might miss the Semis & Finals of the IPL because of the ENG vs SL series.

----------

BTW how people imagine Gayle playing for an IPL team rather than his National team?

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BTW how people imagine Gayle playing for an IPL team rather than his National team?

They adore T20s and lucrative deals more than their national teams I'd say. They refers to Gayle, Pollard and Bravo.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors

if he had been bid on, i was certain that he would reject the west indies to play for the IPL. but then thats how it is these days.

----------

c'mon punjab ryder cheap buy.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, Ryder didn't even fetch 100k.

Maybe they can't stand him, because of how he dominates India so much in tests. :lol

Users who are viewing this thread