Ajinkya Rahane
MS Dhoni +
Dwayne Bravo ^
Piyush Chawla ^
Amit Mishra ^
Rahul Sharma ^
Morne Morkel ^
Sunil Narine ^
You could have rather opted to have Rahane at #2 and Rohit Sharma from MI at #4. Tendulkar hasn't done anything noteworthy this season.

----------

Where is a Deccan Player?
He was probably busy in hunting for CSK players! :p
Faf and Bravo when only 4 overseas players are allowed, seriously!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Where is a Deccan Player?

You didn't notice that there was also no player from RCB in that squad?

Frankly feel that second rule limits a good IPL XI to a great extent. The team I posted is what I would like to take back out of the IPL. And for people blaming me for hunting for CSK players, I have put in two Delhi players too (or probably they are hurt that I didn't include a certain Nawab from Najafgarh:p). I had included two KXIP players too and two KKR players too.

Here is an IPL XI for the sake of this thread's rules (not my preferred one, but for the rules):

Gautam Gambhir (c)
Chris Gayle
Ajinkya Rahane
Shikar Dhawan
Robin Uthappa (wk)
Rohit Sharma
Dwayne Bravo
Sunil Narine
Umesh Yadav
Parvinder Awana
Morne Morkel

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I did notice, but I was still in state of shock, thinking what made you feel

Faf du Plessis > Chris Gayle

:facepalm

I mentioned my reasoning there. I kind of expected Gayle to continue his rampaging form from the last IPL, whereas the kind of form Faf Du Plessis displayed came as a surprise to me. Thats why I picked Faf over Gayle (no CSK bias; had that been, I would have picked Raina over Faf or Dhoni over Uthappa because I already had Rahane and Mandeep in my side who were openers; they could have partnered Gambhir at the top)

BadAss

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Chris Gayle
Gautam Gambhir (c)
Virender Sehwag
AB De Villiers
Rohit Sharma
Ravindra Jadeja
MS Dhoni
Dale Steyn
Sunil Narine
Umesh Yadav
Parvinder Awana/Zaheer Khan

This one would be the best. Top-4 are Match-Winners. I think we dont need Rohit Sharma there in the XI but still a reliable player at No.5 and CSK's premium finishers Dhoni and Jaddu can come in and slog. Dale Steyn,Narine,Yadav these three are perfect death bowlers. Zaheer can open the bowling and bowl and take some early wickets. Ravindra Jadeja can bowl his quota of 4 Overs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread