IPL IPL: 500 players to be auctioned in July

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Its going to be hard to be loyal to a franchise if players keep switching teams. If Gilly stayed on Deccan for 5-6 years then it would be a Gilchrist legacy at DC and a tradition would start, (they could retire his number, etc) but if they keep hopping around every 2 years chasing a bigger paycheck, a bit of the magic and story telling is lost. It further makes them look like mercenaries .

Agreed. The idea is fail and the above reasoning is my main concern. But, watch the millions of blinded fans support it all the way. The IPL is pretty much here to stay unfortunately.

More teams also means more mediocre Indian players getting in. Especially bowlers.

Thank god franchises can at least retain half of the original squad........the kinda keeps the character of the team together to a certain extent.

6 players is not a lot. We're going to see a big chance in local bench strength and international players. Right now, most teams have looked to sign the best domestic talent from their corresponding state, and Mumbai have done with Dhawal Kulkarni and Rahane, but yeah, there's no way they'd retain the two. I'm sure they'd both still want to play for their home team but this new auction mostly denies them that opportunity.

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I would like to see players representing their own states rather than any other state. Move around with the foreign lot. Say a Harbhajan Singh shoul play for KXP whereas Sreesanth should go to one of the Southern teams.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
I would like to see players representing their own states rather than any other state. Move around with the foreign lot. Say a Harbhajan Singh should play for KXP whereas Sreesanth should go to one of the Southern teams.

Agreed. But this is what adds a bit of a charm to the whole thing. Unity in Diversity, is what our nation is known for :)

Having said that, I'm sure DC might want atleast one great Indian pacer apart from RP Singh.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Hmmm, yes you are right. DC will go in for someone like Tyagi or so. Lets wait and watch. I dont think any of the current U-19s will get in,but last times winners may get a look in.
Maybe Ajitesh Argal.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
I liked Saurabh Netravalkar from the present squad. He is another Zak in the making. His accuracy is unbelievable. Another 10-15ks of pace and we have a potent weapon in our line-up :hpraise

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They could make a action video game on IPL- The war

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Woah! This is gonna be amazing! Although a bit confusing. I hope some Bangladeshi players get picked.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Have they ? I doubt it. Well, just in case they haven't you seem to have given Modi a nice idea. I m sure he's lurking around this forum somewhere or the other.:p

I will get payed royalty for my idea :banana2 :p

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think they should limit the foreign players in the squa. 10 is way too much. 6-7 should be the ideal number of foreign players in a team, considering that only 4 can play.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Well they are going to add 2 more teams. So maybe this will be the first (and last) big reshuffle.

P

pcfan123

What happens when they add more team down the road? If they have plans to expand like NFL, MLB and NBA then eventually there might be 30 odd teams

Users who are viewing this thread