IPL IPL: 500 players to be auctioned in July

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
But he is killing his own goddamn league!! More games will mean nothing but a huge drop in the TV ratings of IPL! Ninety six matches of non-stop T-20are more than enough to make people lose interest in Modi's tournament.

Maybe it will happen that people lose interest in the IPL. But that would actually be good in a way, coz Mr.Modi will be back with a vengeance, with decisions which would be good for his target audience- the Indian public, which is his main source of income.

So I don't really think he'll trip himself. Even if he does that, he'll correct himself. Someone like Mr.Modi can't really be kept down for a long time. Case in point would be the ads of IPL3. Does he know to market or what :hpraise

Highlander999

ICC President
Maybe it will happen that people lose interest in the IPL. But that would actually be good in a way, coz Mr.Modi will be back with a vengeance, with decisions which would be good for his target audience- the Indian public, which is his main source of income.

So I don't really think he'll trip himself. Even if he does that, he'll correct himself. Someone like Mr.Modi can't really be kept down for a long time. Case in point would be the ads of IPL3. Does he know to market or what :hpraise

Does Modi pay you good for what you and him do together?

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
You know halfway through IPL-2 I was lost and am thinking when the hell this is gonna end. Why does every team has two play each other. Might as well make into 2 groups or something

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
You know halfway through IPL-2 I was lost and am thinking when the hell this is gonna end. Why does every team has two play each other. Might as well make into 2 groups or something

Its because of the Home-away concept, bhaijaan. And they want to continue playing it that way. In IPL4, it may work, it may fail.

formula1man

International Cricketer
just play each other once like the Big Bash. thats 9 games each team. Thats 45 games then Finals, Even that is boardering on too much. its 17 games in total for the Big Bash.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors

Amen brother. I lost interest in the 2nd one too. Wanted Gilly's team to win in the finals, but I wasn't going out of my way to watch matches.

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
just play each other once like the Big Bash. thats 9 games each team. Thats 45 games then Finals, Even that is boardering on too much. its 17 games in total for the Big Bash.

Its a league. Its not some sort mini exhibition that comes and goes in a flash. And its only gonna get more larger and dominating. Modi in his mind probably has plans to make it into like EPL, NBA scale... Do you think all the franchises, sponsors, television rights are gonna invest so much money for such a small timeframe?

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Its a league. Its not some sort mini exhibition that comes and goes in a flash. And its only gonna get more larger and dominating. Modi in his mind probably has plans to make it into like EPL, NBA scale... Do you think all the franchises, sponsors, television rights are gonna invest so much money for such a small timeframe?

Nope they won't. Crores and crores of Rupees are at stake.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
First up will the IPL Team auctions which is expected to draw more attention.
My bet is on Ahmedabad and Kanpur/ Lucknow as the new cities making the cut.

Can't see any other city coming up. Others in the fray include Kochi and some city from central India.

The auction of the players will be interesting. It would be great as each franchisee gets to keep 4 Indian and 2 foreign players for the next 3 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread