IPL IPL: 500 players to be auctioned in July

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hope KXIP would have hired some guy with sound knowledge about players by that time.

Keep only Sangakkara from current internationals and that too as he has become aggressive.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Sangakkara will surely be kept,I think.Who can be the other international player?

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
They should keep it at 15 man squads, with 6 Internationals and 9 Locals.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Then cut it down. Have only the best players, there's a good way to improve the contest.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Make 2 groups of 6 teams each. And max. 5 international players per team in the playing eleven. This will be better than playing 94 matches. :sarcasm

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sangakkara will surely be kept,I think.Who can be the other international player?

Definitely.
So will be Yuvraj. Probably KXIP shold buy out Harbhajan as well.

They should keep it at 15 man squads, with 6 Internationals and 9 Locals.

I like this point,keep only the best. No use in stretching the squads.

Make 2 groups of 6 teams each. And max. 5 international players per team in the playing eleven. This will be better than playing 94 matches. :sarcasm

That is what should be done. Else the round robin will be too large.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
In fact, it already is. Dravid mentioned so publicly after the players were bought in the first auction. He wasn't too pleased that the players were being traded like commodities.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
There's no loyalty in the IPL. It confuses my parents that I go for Deccan in the IPL, when I'm from Chennai. The thing is, apart from their location they don't have much connection the the city.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Exactly. I just end up supporting players. Warney or Gilly or Lee - whoever. Cheering against Harbhajan. I don't care about the franchises one little bit.

P

pcfan123

Its going to be hard to be loyal to a franchise if players keep switching teams. If Gilly stayed on Deccan for 5-6 years then it would be a Gilchrist legacy at DC and a tradition would start, (they could retire his number, etc) but if they keep hopping around every 2 years chasing a bigger paycheck, a bit of the magic and story telling is lost. It further makes them look like mercenaries .

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I pretty much just barrack for the Aussie players in the IPL.

harrisb

International Coach
i don't think that the franchises should get a choice whether they keep a player or not, because if the best players are all kept by their teams, we will be watching an auction with 500 players in that all get sold for less than 500,000.

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
Thank god franchises can at least retain half of the original squad........the kinda keeps the character of the team together to a certain extent.

Users who are viewing this thread