Next three IPL seasons to comprise 74 matches each

So Was It A Right Decision?

• Total voters

opteron

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ipl 4 to be a huge hit wolithout the player burnout factor... My dad's freind is a member in bcci's some kinda committee and he said that there will be a rule like a player will just play a fixed amount of matches and need to be given rest for other matchea if he has completed his max matchea

I think that option was in contention when there were rumored to be 90+ games in IPL 4. As of now, each team plays the same number of games as before, that is 14 in the regular season.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Way too many matches and I don't understand why you'd bother following a team when nearly all the players are going to be different.

Bounce

County Cricketer
Way too many matches and I don't understand why you'd bother following a team when nearly all the players are going to be different.
Some people (even me) don't support a team for its players, but for the city.
For example, I support Mumbai Indians just because I reside in Mumbai, and not because of Sachin Tendulkar. :)

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
They aren't representing your city; they're only there for the money.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
What difference would that make? They don't have the passion for place they're playing for and nor are they a team if they're completely changed.

Bounce

County Cricketer
What difference would that make? They don't have the passion for place they're playing for and nor are they a team if they're completely changed.
Passion surely exists, but I can't beat your second point.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
This is ridiculous, I reckon this will be the last ever season of IPL as it will fail miserably (wishful thinking I know :D)

P

pcfan123

IPL will end soon enough, hopefully its before it gives the rest of cricket HIV

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer

I've stated that many times. I don't think I'll be supporting any team in the next edition. It's just a horrible concept. Right now, RCB have the best players from Karnataka(Bangalore is part of Karnataka), but pretty sure that will change after their good performances in the last 2 seasons.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
IPL will end soon enough, hopefully its before it gives the rest of cricket HIV

I would love for this to happen. To hell with the IPL. Fake entertainment. But the thing is, even though we know its fake, we still watch it because of a few players we want to watch. Same with me. But I wish IPL DIES!

P

pcfan123

I like the concept of the Champions league though. Perhaps the Indian sides to represent could be the 2020 sides of the Ranji teams. You know, proper domestic set ups.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors

Exactly. Most of us start following a sporting team because that's where we were born or grew up, but what keeps us loyal is the players who season after season put their bodies on the line for said team. Yeah, teams make changes each season, but the core of a team stays the same. Imagine if CA or the ECB decided their domestic teams needed a full re-shuffle. It would be ridiculous and I just couldn't support Queensland like I used to. Let's be honest. Lalit may spin his crap about building cricket in India, and changing the face of cricket, but all he's after is the $ and doesn't give a hoot about team pride. If the teams are just going to change every 3 seasons then the IPL will be twice as painful to watch as it already is.

I like the concept of the Champions league though. Perhaps the Indian sides to represent could be the 2020 sides of the Ranji teams. You know, proper domestic set ups.

This.

Users who are viewing this thread