Your Cricket Is it too late to start??

Volume31

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi everbody i am 20 years old and i am from india. I am really, deeply interested in cricket and willing to do hardwork for tat!. Is it too late to start playing cricket??!!!

Its never too late to play for fun. If you're thinking about cricket as a career then it might be too late though.

Too late for what? And you are from India, and you never played cricket before??! O,o

As hmarka said, it's never too late to play for fun.

Quite a few players had late starts, such as Mohammed Yousuf, Murali Vijay, and Damika Prasad to name a few. So no its not to late.

When did they start?

Some people are natural at cricket, and make up for the time lost with pure talent. Others aren't that way.

Of course, that's only if we're talking about international level. Playing socially, any levels are accepted.

When did they start?

Some people are natural at cricket, and make up for the time lost with pure talent. Others aren't that way.

Of course, that's only if we're talking about international level. Playing socially, any levels are accepted.

Murali Vijay was 17 and Prasad was also 17, im not sure on yousufs age but i just remember reading that he started late.

i bet it can be a bit frustrating to start playing at that age, but guess never too late to try something, remember it takes time learn skills n childhood is still the best time to start, but obviously no one can wind back time, so just start playing now

I started playing last year at the ripe old age of 36. After years of watching the sport and playing e versions on various machines ( inc Brian Lara 1 back in the day ) I was finally persuaded to pick up the willow by a workmate. Probably doesn't help that I'd never seen a cricket match until I joined the army at 16, not much cricket around in the Scottish council estate that I grew up in.

I have to say that it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I play with a strolling side here in Worcester, great blokes to a man, and they encourage me with just the right level of pisstaking. What I lack in ability I make up for with enthusiasm and I always enjoy myself. Everyone I've played with and against has always been nice about my late start and find my Scottishness to be a source of mirth.

Love everything about this game. It's never too late to give it a go.

AS everyone else said, for fun it is never too late. Cricket is all about enjoying yourself. After all it is just a game. For international level, only you can answer that as we don't know how much talent you have. Players like Yuvraj, Ponting,Lara they could have played same even if they had started late, they are extremely gifted. On the other hand players like dravid, waugh, Chanderpaul etc have to work hard and have reached where they are due to their determination and passion. So if you are like dravid and co then you gotta work your bottoms off to achieve success at this age, but if you are like yuvi then you got plenty of time

Users who are viewing this thread