Is there a Hook shot in this game ?

Hook shots are in there but you need (I think?) a head high ball and to be playing off the back foot.

If you try to pull a head high ball off the front foot you get a useless leg glance instead. Which is fair enough. You can't really pull a ball off the front foot if it's coming through head high.
I think so too, if it's a bouncer you hook, if it's lower you either get a pull shot or a leg glance depending on your timing. If you want to practice then go to the nets, set it at F/M and short balls.

Since this thread is already up and running, and we are talking about shots here, I don't want to create a new thread. I want to know if there is any way to play slog sweep in this game? My sweep shots (LB) never find the boundary.

There's no slog sweep in the game and personally I find hitting boundaries using the sweep quite hard, I think you have to get the timing absolutely spot on.

There's no slog sweep in the game and personally I find hitting boundaries using the sweep quite hard, I think you have to get the timing absolutely spot on.

Hmm, maybe the sweep is there for the singles, and occasionally doubles only.

I feel they can include the slog sweep by just assigning the distance it travels when we use L1 and L2 combined with same animation as I feel that the current slog animation itself shows like it has got the power to hit those boundaries...

In my opinion, a simple workaround they could give in an update is that they could increase the radius of the Cover Drive so that it covers the area between point and extra cover.

That would be a great workaround - no extra animations needed just use cover drive animation for shots played square of wicket. Like it :thumbs

a slog sweep will increase the more option for boundaries. BIG ANT include this in batting section.

Users who are viewing this thread