Is this game necessary??

arjind

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The main aim of the game was to bring online play to cricket fans globally
However, AC09 does that with much better graphics and attention to detail (kinda)
What I want to know is, in your view, have Mindstorm Games left it too late so that AC09 does what this game promised on a much higher level??

P

pcfan123

The project was doomed to fail once AC09 was released, simple because:

1) its not on console
2) keyboard only
3) no 360 aiming
4) horrible graphics (yes people do care about graphics)
5) ridiculous amount of lag online

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Their heart was in the right place. Hopefully they take these issues on board and and make an awesome CR10.

Hitterman

International Coach
Well, it's not that bad. They at least have some good gameplay points which AC09 doesn't have. Graphics is not everything.

I hope next time they'll release it on consoles too.:happy

-D-S-B-

International Coach
(yes people do care about graphics)
Graphics is not everything.
Haha, graphics aren't everything but they sure as hell improve a game. I prefer AC09 because of the many game modes and the Graphics are much better. CR could be a hell of a lot better. It was really fun for the first 2 weeks....

Gurjot95

National Board President
yeah it was, as we dont get cricket game every year and we have to appreciate every cricket game made by new developer so they can make it better for upcoming titles. And if game doesn't come then we will only get 1 cricket game in 2 years which is also not sure.

Hitterman

International Coach
At least Mindstorm listen to our feedback and provide fixes. On the other side, just look at EA, they haven't released any patch for their games since Cricket 2002 which also was waste.:sarcasm

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
They at least have some good gameplay points which AC09 doesn't have.
Some points, but it is wrapped in such a terrible package. There's thinking outside the box control wise and then there is thinking about why things were done as they are in other games.

Unlike AC09, the game has the most stupidly difficult learning curve, but once you get over it as some members seem to have done, it becomes just as easy and flawed as the other games. That seems to just be difficulty to last the span of a review so people can't pick under the surface.

It is great that people are trying to get into the cricket gaming market, the wave of upstarts is just what we need, but the product also has to be good, and in its first iteration I just can't see it.

Hitterman

International Coach
Unlike AC09, the game has the most stupidly difficult learning curve, but once you get over it as some members seem to have done, it becomes just as easy and flawed as the other games. That seems to just be difficulty to last the span of a review so people can't pick under the surface.
Yes there were some flaws in CR but they at least tried to provide realistic shots. This may be due to the torque engine they have used. Torque provides limited technology. If they'll use a good technology like the Crytech engine then they may defeat Ashes Cricket easily.

What they need now is support otherwise they will not make any cricket games like the EA has done. If EA would have released C09, it could have been hit .

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I have not followed the progress of this game but lack of servers did CR in for online gameplay.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
For me, this game is crap. Wastage of money both for mind storm and even for us. Nothing else. When they had ashes released, they'd have waited for two more years, when the cricket games were lagging and release it when people were waiting for a new cricket game could have made it interesting. The mind storm even would have got profit if they'd have done that.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Quite a bit of potential, but still, it seems like a very unfinished game to me for many reasons.

It was a nice change though. All I have played in cricket sims before this was BLC and EA, but this was a little different, so it was fun to play something different for a while.

But yeah, I won't be buying the next one regardless if it is not on the PS3, I just hate the PC as a gaming system.

I don't think it's crap... But there are a lot of improvements that could have been made. So hopefully they can hit the spot soon enough with a next-gen title.

I agree with all of Hmarka's points, but some are less important than others (i.e. graphics and keyboard only).

the1mm

School Cricketer
I agree with Neverhood.

Cricket Revolution is the best cricket game to date.

Users who are viewing this thread